Author Topic: Fuel Won't Shut Off...  (Read 8770 times)

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 06:08:55 PM »
Quote from: "Stealth"
how much did you buy it? what year?

I paid $2500 for my Bandit – A lot more than I wanted to pay. The bike is in incredible condition though, still has its factory shine, and so far has been 100%. After seeing and riding this bike, it was impossible for me to go home without it in the back of my truck.

Mine's a 91 too.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »
Thats a fair price for that bike. I paid the same for mine a few years back, but mine turned out to be a dogs arse with a hat on. Now that I've fixed the countless problems, its been a dream.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 03:36:24 PM »
I paid $2400, safetied and cert.

But I seem to have this electrical recharging problem somewhere. Its kinda affecting my whole experience with motorcycles. <- Maybe if my bike would start without me pushstarting it, i would have had a much better riding experience. :boohoo:

The owners of my bike kept the bike in good condition too, except for the recharging problem of course.

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 08:08:22 PM »

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2006, 12:15:48 AM »
Ya I thought so too but the tests I conducted indicated that my reg/rec was working fine.

:boohoo:

Offline k4y_d1

• TURBO TYPER!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"

*Edit (it was late and my brain wasn't fully working) actually if you leave the fuel tap "ON", and use the screws you're fine. No need to disconnect anything. No motor running, no vacuum to fuel tap, no gas comes out.

If you want to run the float bowls dry disconnect the vacuum line or fuel line from the petcock.

Hello, im new with b4 and i saw that when I set the fuel tap "ON" there's gasoline leak from the tap. But if I set the tap to "RESERVE" position, it's stop leaking and fine.
Is my fuel tap f'ed ???
and is it difficult to fix it? or you have to replace it with the new one? how much will it be approximately?
thks a lot!! :thanks:

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 12:18:21 AM »
Quote from: "k4y_d1"
Hello, im new with b4 and i saw that when I set the fuel tap "ON" there's gasoline leak from the tap. But if I set the tap to "RESERVE" position, it's stop leaking and fine.
Is my fuel tap f'ed ???
and is it difficult to fix it? or you have to replace it with the new one? how much will it be approximately?
thks a lot!! :thanks:

How much gas are we talking about? It's normal to have a few drips when the gas is "ON" with no vaccum, until the fuel tap clears itself out. If its constant then you've probably got a problem.

The fuel tap isn't rebuildable so you'd have to replace it. A new one from Suzuki is probably in the range of $120 (I paid $140 cdn). It's pretty easy to change yourself if the bolts come out easy.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline k4y_d1

• TURBO TYPER!
Fuel Won't Shut Off...
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 01:11:01 AM »
Quote from: "interfuse"

How much gas are we talking about? It's normal to have a few drips when the gas is "ON" with no vaccum, until the fuel tap clears itself out. If its constant then you've probably got a problem.

The fuel tap isn't rebuildable so you'd have to replace it. A new one from Suzuki is probably in the range of $120 (I paid $140 cdn). It's pretty easy to change yourself if the bolts come out easy.

I never let it leak..cause im afraid it could trigger a fire or something.. so when i saw it's leaking, i just turn it to RESERVE.
It's not dripping a lot...i knew it's leaking because i smelled the gasoline, and saw the area of the fuel tap is wet, then immediately turn it back to RES.
How come it's not leaking in RES position? or is it normal that the fuel tap is wet during ON position?and i should let it longer to see if it's dried itself completely...
thks again!! :grin: