Author Topic: What swingarms cross over?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
What swingarms cross over?
« on: October 22, 2006, 11:33:36 AM »
92 B4, I was wondering what swingarm I could fit besides the factory one. I know it will probably be a trial and error process, but I wanted to see if anyone had a good starting point. I have plans for the Bandit and it will probably require a stiffer swinger, going along with having enough clearance for a larger tire. I wanted to see if i could run a newer GSX-R arm, like 2004+. But I'm not sure about the mounting points. I was even considering going out of the Suzuki line, maybe even trying other middle weight sport bikes, but I figured I could find something in the Suzuki line that would fit...anyone have any info?

Regards,
Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline yoda

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »
from other posts seems rgv250 and gsxr400 swingarms fit, maybe with less clearance. i've never seen a honda vfr400 single sided swinger done before on a b4. has anyone else?
smaller is better

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
the gsxr400 goes right on the rgv needs some spacers the nc 30 or 35 is a abortion  and would be a tottal nightmare. the old school gsxr like 92 stuff would be the simpliest to mount of the ones that you have to modify the newer gsxr like i have takes major modifications to the linkage the swingarm and the dog bones and the spacers and the wheels will never line up im always 10mm off on chain and sprocket alignment with nothing to mill to straighten that ou so i just replace sprockets all the time and chains i go through 2-3 chains a race season and 5-6 rear sprockets. And i always have to clean aluminum shavings off my swingarm from the rear sprocket wearing in!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 10:46:22 PM »
I would mill out the core of an old sprocket and weld the tooths of a new sprocket with offset :stickpoke:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 09:09:22 AM »
no room need to go inboard 10-15 mm the hub is that wide would have to make a off set rear sprocket at 80 a sprocket ill just keep chewing up sprockets! Thats the good thing about old wheels like bandit ones or 92ish gsxr wheels is that the middle of the wheel is thinner and the hub has tons of room to work with !
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »
What about the front sprocket? You could offset both. You're losing horsepower because of this :lol:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:53:21 AM »
front sprocket is out as far as it will go so far that if i use a oring chain the links rub my frame lol And i dont much have to worry about hp anymore im pritty sure im near 80hp .