Author Topic: Got my B4 back.  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
Got my B4 back.
« on: October 28, 2010, 10:53:42 AM »
I got my 93 B4 back a couple weeks ago. I sold it to a guy about 120 miles away, that was about 4 years ago. Then 2 years ago I saw a guy riding in the town near where I live. I flagged him down and asked him where he got it. He bought it from the same person I sold it to. Anyway, the guy that had it last moved to CO and agreed with his wife that he would get away from riding when she got pregnant. He called me up and I bought it back.

It's in a lot worse shape than it was when I sold it. The carbs will need to be gone through (I did them the last time I owned it), one of the frame sliders is broken off. There doesn't seem to be any damage to the bike. The chain has several frozen links and is in dire need of replacing as well as the sprockets. The right mirror is missing and the custom seat that I had for it is gone. I sold it with a stock seat and one that I modified that was very comfortable. The rear tire is shot, worn right down the middle. It's a shame because it was in pristine condition when I sold it. At least the paint is all still good.

I plan on working on it over the winter and getting it on the street this spring. I promised my 12 year old son that he would get it when he is old enough to ride. I'll keep the cobwebs out of it until then.
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Got my B4 back.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 01:33:30 AM »
Nice, mine is similar, except my friend I sold it to just didn't ride it.  So it was basically in the same condition as when I sold it.  I should have a decent sized garage in January so I can start tearing into it and getting it up and going again.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:51:20 AM »
Are you guys familiar with Peter Egan of Cycle World?
You've both pulled what CW fans call an "Egan"  :bandit:

Not that there's anything wrong with that... not with a Bandit anyway.  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:47 PM »
Well, I guess I did pull an Egan. I am still money ahead on this bike though. I sold it for $2200 and bought it back for $1000. :motorsmile:
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline JmuRiz

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
Nice!
Nathan

'91 GSF 400
'90 FZR 400
'65 Ducati Falcon 80

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
Are you guys familiar with Peter Egan of Cycle World?
You've both pulled what CW fans call an "Egan"  :bandit:

Not that there's anything wrong with that... not with a Bandit anyway.  :motorsmile:
Never heard of that one, though I have heard of him.