Author Topic: Gouraami's 400 bandit project  (Read 47061 times)

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Gouraami's 400 bandit project
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2016, 05:50:16 AM »
That sucks man. I know what is it like... especially the muscle-ache afterwards. But don't stop riding because of the accident is my advice  :beers:

Anyway I can understand you not wanting to rebuild it again. Maybe bandit 1200? ;)
Good luck with the recovery

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2016, 08:11:08 AM »
The bandit has been standing since the accident. Work has been crazy, I haven't even had a chance to go for quotes for insurance purposes.

Squishy, an accident wont stop me from riding, back on the 125cc in the interim.

I have healed relatively well, still limping, but still don't have use of my finger. Going to have to go for physio when I have a chance

Project: Suzuki Bandit 400 Limited Edition, either a '90 or '91 needs a lot of TLC

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »
I guess the project is back on...

Went to buy some second hand parts today  :bandit:

Going for a beer now  :beers:
Project: Suzuki Bandit 400 Limited Edition, either a '90 or '91 needs a lot of TLC

Offline Gouraami

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »
Hey everyone!

I am glad this forum still exists  :thumb:

Based on the date of the last post the Bandit has been standing for almost 5 years  :deadhorse: It also means that 5 years later I still don't have the use of my finger. It is also the bandits 30th Birthday!

I do still plan on reviving the old girl, but for now it is in the same state i bought it in. A non runner, under a layer of dust being used to store stuff on top of.

I have over the past few years found replacement parts after the accident, the final part outstanding is one side cover. I think it is complete otherwise.

I did use the bike as is after the accident for a few months once I healed (and hit a pedestrian  :annoy:), but eventually it lost compression on cylinder 3. I am not too worried, I am sure it is a valve seating/burn problem.

This thread will be revived!  :thanks: