Author Topic: Jap import  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Jap import
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 06:40:39 PM »
My derestrictor box should work then if you would still like to buy it? Other alternative is one from apex leisure i think theyre called at about £50. Or maybe Jay's although im not sure whether that was for a 2 or 3 wire bike. Mine is used though and might take a few days to get sent as ive got to sort it all out through my dad as the box is at home and im at uni.

Offline bigbadmad

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Sex, drugs and sausage rolls
    • madtv.me.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
My derestrictor box should work then if you would still like to buy it? Other alternative is one from apex leisure i think theyre called at about £50. Or maybe Jay's although im not sure whether that was for a 2 or 3 wire bike. Mine is used though and might take a few days to get sent as ive got to sort it all out through my dad as the box is at home and im at uni.

Yeah I think I would like to buy yours, if that's cool. I enjoy experimenting with my B4  :grin:
I can't buy it till pay day though (28th)  :sad: and then I could paypal you?
1990 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 K5

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »
Yeah that sounds cool.

Offline AJ

• New user!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »
Some of the Bandits of that era were restricted by limiting the carb slide movements. There was an old post on here somewhere on how to identify and modify the carb top to derestrict the engine

Would this not be easily seen by sticking your finger in the air side of the carb mouth and lifting up the slide if it goes all the way up your OK? :idea:

hi all..i am new..sorry for the interuption...btw,any photos to show how or where to cut those plastics for the carb mods?

cheers

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »
You only need to mod them if youv'e got a german market bike.