Author Topic: Help my horn runs my fan!!  (Read 2399 times)

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Help my horn runs my fan!!
« on: August 26, 2005, 05:07:49 PM »
:crybaby: Can anyone please help me? My bike had a lot of custom work done to it and nothing is wired right now. The only thing that works correctly is the head and taillights. Half of it is not even wired up. The fan does not run therefore the bike runs hot at a stopping point and it will leave me stranded until it cools. Recently we figured out that it so backwards if you push the horn button, the fan will come on. I really would like to correct this problem, does anyone have a downloadable WIRING DIAGRAM, or any other helpful suggestions. :thanks:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 05:21:44 PM »
Well, that's pretty cool!  What happens if you try the turn signals????   :lol:

Pete, owner and Webmonster of Bandit Alley, has a low-res copy of the manual.  Click here for the instructions/link.  There should be a wiring diag at the end.  

Have fun.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 06:31:18 PM »
Sounds to me like maybe the temperature sending unit fried, so the previous owner just wired the horn button into the fan relay. Not the right way to fix it, but definatly cheap.

If you don't have it already, I'd recommend going to Ron Ayer's and ordering a GSF400 Service Manual.

Sure, the scans will probally work, but it's a lot quicker to look something up than to ask on a forum if anyone knows what the thingie with the green and white wire, the orange wire, and the yellow and white wire is! Plus it has instructions for a full teardown and overhaul.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 06:37:50 PM »
Thanks, I actually thought about the temp sensor when i first began noticing the problem, before that we thought it was the fan motor itself, then we learned that it does work, when i tried to work the horn. It may be fried but i still need to get this wiring together. Thanks alot for your help :beers:

Offline Zhi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 03:23:31 AM »
:lol:  Horn activates the fan. Now, that is what I call Jerry rigging. Good luck with you wiring adventure.  :beers:
Z

Living and riding in the S.F. Bay Area.

Offline echomadman

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.echomadman.com
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 08:51:18 PM »
didnt your b4 beep the horn at 8k rpm too? i'd go through the wiring and check everything. maybe try to get a properly wired b4 to look at as a reference.
1990 GSF250 Bandit (currently getting a gsxr400 engine transplant,
2000 SV650S