Author Topic: She Starts  (Read 2448 times)

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
She Starts
« on: June 30, 2007, 10:10:34 PM »
Well after a LONGGG 2 years my bike is running again.  I just want to thank everyone who has awnsered ny questions here on the forum. Turns out the whole reason it wouldnt start was I had cylinders 3 and 4 hooked up to the wrong coils.  So with a fresh top end I'm looking to have some fun now.  Just have a couple issues to sort before she is road ready.

Currently, it cranks up and starts fine, sits at idle and then revs to about 7k, so I'm gonna pull the carbs and clean em up real good.  Second I need to shorten the front brake line, I've installed clip ons so I need to remove quite a bit of line.  Third I need to come up with a new mount for my front turn signals, I removed the stock headlight after doing the clip ons, and in doing so I had to remove the stock mounts.
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
She Starts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 12:53:59 PM »
is that with the web cams in brother?
 what happen to the yamaha project 1800?
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
She Starts
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:38:33 AM »
You must be thinking of the wrong person man.

My bike is all stock, I've been around this board for a couple years, haven't posted much.

Well I got the revving issues sorted, with the clipons my throttle cable was pulled tighter, messed with that and now shes idleing around 2k(hoping for lower after shes been running for a couple of days), the carbs were pretty darn clean for how long it sat.

Just took it for a lil ride up to the gas station to fill her up so I could ride her to work tomorrow, and the thermostat housing gasket blew.

Old bikes are fun.  After 2 years working on it off and on with much frustration and bloody knuckles, I've got something to show, now its just the small stuff to take care of.
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
She Starts
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 06:58:11 AM »
Glad you're making progress!  Good luck with her, have fun and be safe!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
She Starts
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »
probably true srwitt, so many people over the years hard to keep track  anyways  :congrats: hopefully many favorable rides mate
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol