Author Topic: Hey Interfuse!  (Read 2728 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Hey Interfuse!
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:05:30 PM »
Get your gixxer???

I was also wondering how you were making out with your modded air box?  Even with very limited time to screw with it and some electrical problems, I'm getting closer with mine.  Man, it really was running nice tonight.   :lol:  :motorsmile:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Hey Interfuse!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 01:14:56 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
Get your gixxer???

Not yet. The guy wouldn't come down enough on the price. Right now I'm on vacation, so I might check with him when I get back. I know the bike is still listed for sale. But I'm thinking about getting newer bike that I'd feel more confident doing some traveling on.

Man do I wish I had a bike here. The east cost of Canada has some of the nicest scenery.

I was also wondering how you were making out with your modded air box?  Even with very limited time to screw with it and some electrical problems, I'm getting closer with mine.  Man, it really was running nice tonight.   :lol:  :motorsmile:

The modded airbox is working great for me. When I left the bike it was running really good. What I ended up doing was taping off parts of the holes I drilled until I found a sweet spot. But I could probably still use a larger main jet because above 11,000 rpm seems a bit weak. Right now I'm just shifting before it gets up too high. When I get back I'm going to look at the plugs and do some more fiddling.

Glad to hear you're bike is running good. I love the 400 when it's running good.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Hey Interfuse!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »
Good luck with the baby Gix!

Yeah - if your power is falling off at 11, you def need bigger mains.  I'm already up three sizes (105s up from 97.5s) and going up two more here this weekend.  I'm hoping that with the 110s, I'll be able to go back to the middle clip.  It pulls all the way to the redline now (did I mention it was running great last night!!!).  I'm hoping for even more!   :lol:

BTW - I'll be up in Ontario in a few weeks.  Doing some fishing on Black Donald Lake.  Can't bring the bike, though unfortunately.  I'm sure it would be nice riding weather in late September.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Hey Interfuse!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 11:50:07 AM »

BTW - I'll be up in Ontario in a few weeks.  Doing some fishing on Black Donald Lake.  Can't bring the bike, though unfortunately.  I'm sure it would be nice riding weather in late September.

That's up by Ottawa right? Are you flying in? That's one heck of a drive even from Toronto. Probably 5 to 7 hours depending on traffic and how fast you drive. Should be a good spot to do some fishing.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Hey Interfuse!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 12:07:32 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"

That's up by Ottawa right? Are you flying in? That's one heck of a drive even from Toronto. Probably 5 to 7 hours depending on traffic and how fast you drive. Should be a good spot to do some fishing.

Correct, it is near Ottowa.  From here - Philly area - I'll go up around the Eastern end of Lake Ontario, through the 10,000 islands, rather than through Toronro.  We're driving.  It's less than 10 hrs from here.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7