Author Topic: Hornet 250  (Read 3827 times)

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Hornet 250
« on: October 11, 2005, 06:38:57 PM »
I saw a silver one at my local bike meet today! Very nice looking piece of kit, couldn't believe it was a 250 (something like 180 rear section, looked real beefy)
Sorry it's like swearing, but what does everyone else think of this bike? Anyone ridden one?

Offline twoup

• New user!
Re: Hornet 250
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 10:18:17 PM »
Quote from: "billybandit"
I saw a silver one at my local bike meet today! Very nice looking piece of kit, couldn't believe it was a 250 (something like 180 rear section, looked real beefy)
Sorry it's like swearing, but what does everyone else think of this bike? Anyone ridden one?

Its a Honda :stop:

If i put my uter dislike of Honda aside just for 1min..

They are naked - good starting point..
I dont mind the styling/lines for the 250. One of Hondas better efforts.
I havent ridden one.. Just sat on one with the engine running and got the impression it would be a dull ride...

But at the end of the day there are plenty of other bikes thats arnt HONDA's. :gagme:

Not much help am I..

Cheers Twoup

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Hornet 250
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 05:54:09 PM »
Haha yeah I'm not a Honda fan either. Prefer the Bandit, I like the way the frame outlines the engine. But for a Honda and for a 250 it was quite impressive looking

Offline theslyfox

• Board Homesteader!
Hornet 250
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 08:54:23 PM »
sorry seen this post ages ago a never got around to reply.  My mate has one its a lovely bike same tyres as the fireblade so they cost you.  Theres so many of the hornet 250,s over here, surprised you haven't seen that many in the UK
When you dance with the Devil its you who changes not the Devil.

Offline raptorsc

• Board Homesteader!
Hornet 600
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 05:53:25 AM »
I have been an admirer of the Hornet 600 for a while now, but only interested in wanting one when the 250V isn't behaving. Otherwise its Bandit all the way :motorsmile:  

Maybe its just that I like the Naked bikes styling. Suzuki and Honda seem to do the style best.
2000 GSF250V

Australia

Offline raptorsc

• Board Homesteader!
Hornet no go
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 11:23:36 PM »
Ever noticed how Hornet and VTR 250 all have high mounted exhaust, just perfect for burning the inside of your passengers leg. Decided the Suzuki idea of low mount exhaust/can is superior if doubling is part of your riding
2000 GSF250V

Australia

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Hornet 250
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 06:50:29 AM »
Yeah, not the best idea. Then again, passengers weigh the 250 down and affect its handling too much, I try to avoid it. (I have a car if anyone needs a taxi, I charge in KFC meals!)

VTR250 - never seen one in the flesh, but from pictures I've seen, that's a smart looking bike. Can't imagine it'd have much poke though