Author Topic: I've become a statistic :(  (Read 12323 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
I've become a statistic :(
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2006, 12:38:07 PM »
what a astute? observation why yes it is and yes it does still fit it is actually the cover for a gsxr 400 gk71 but i mounted it first to make sure it fits!
cheers
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »
ok, none of us are in a hurry, and since its winter now, I have 5 months to complete the repairs, so if you can, find the "good" cover and in the meantime, i'll still be looking around. (if I do find an alternative, I will let you know)

:thanks:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2006, 03:31:27 PM »
Sounds good i have one coming from japan but when that gets here who knows lol
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Coopz

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2006, 10:18:19 PM »
So sorry to hear about what happened! I'm glad you're ok though, sounds like you have the same good luck as me! It was only just over a month ago that I went through the trauma of a smash. At times like this all you can do is try and think positively. It could have been much worse, you're lucky to be alive. We all take risks every day, but we don't realise how serious they are until something bad happens. It's an eye opener, and I reckon you learn from these incidents. Sure, we'd rather not go through things like this. But the good thing is that you did come through it, and lived to tell the tale. (Unlucky about the fine and the points though, thats a b@st@rd! :sad: )

It's good to see that it's not really put you off, and good to see that you are going to fix up your bandit. I'm thinking of doing the same, but I will need to replace just about everything on it. I'd rather do that than buy a different bike though. I'm rather attatched to my Bandit!

Best of luck with everything. Glad you're ok.  :grin:
Coopz
-Silencing Lambs Since October 31st 2006

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2006, 11:55:33 PM »
How much do you guys think I could get for this Bandit Approx. ?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2006, 12:20:12 AM »
Carbs $100
CDI $100-150
Rims & Tires $100
Headlight $25
Forks $25
Front disk $25-50
Rad $20
Hoses $20
Seats $25
Starter $25-50
Wiring harness $25
Coils $25
Right engine cover $50
Dented tank $50
Controls $50
Keys, locks, gas cap $50
petcock $25
Other motor bits (block, head, etc) maybe $100
Chain and sprockets $25-50
Voltage regulator $25-50

Probably close to a grand... that's just a guess though based on what I see parts go for...

You'd probably be pressed to get more then that selling it complete. Unless you find the right buyer...
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2006, 12:28:08 AM »
do some research  onebay write down the parts list check prices on ebay compare what seems fair tottal it all up and walla if you like the number tear it apart and sell it, most things i buy i look at them and say either that dude is crazy or id pay that for that or my favorite damn that's a smoking deal i know someone that would buy this for this and i got it for that right on right on. By the way me and my paypal have seem to become secret Santa for peeps out of the country that want cheaper things in the US ive shipped out some DVD sets for friends (at a fee) Cause my momma always said nothing in this world is free. Next to be shipped out is some GPS cable that's made here and the company wont ship to the UK. If i have to start physically going to stores and shop the cost is going up but truly i don't mind i think its sorta fun So if anyone in the UK or surrounding HOODS what some US goodies let me know No TV"S please lol!Sorry to hijack your thread a bit i sorta went off!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2006, 12:29:40 AM »
damn dude you did all the work for him ! LOL and look at all the work i put into my presentation! PMSL :stickpoke:

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
my mommy says "the best things in the world are free" *hint *hint  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :bigok:
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »
Quote from: "Farre"
my mommy says "the best things in the world are free" *hint *hint  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:  :bigok:

the hints didn't work. I don't know what you're talking about  :duh:

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2006, 04:03:58 PM »
I think there are more problems with my bandit than meets the eye.

The Rear Wheel seems like its not -||- (Perpendicular when you view from the rear).

If I find any more problems with it, I think I'm going to sell it to a local motorcycle parts dealer.

I find it interesting how my bike is completely totalled yet all I sustained was a bruise, a scrape, and a sprained ankle.

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2006, 06:23:10 PM »
Thats usually called a good thing! Means the bike took the brunt of the accident whereas you were left able to stand up and walk away
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4
'00 GSF 600 Bandit Y - Used for parts
'95 GSF 400 Bandit - smashed :'(

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2006, 08:54:34 PM »
My dad kicked the wheel back in place haha

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2006, 10:04:07 PM »
to the people that know how:

I filed my request to challenge the crowns evidence.
Now, when and how do I ask for disclosure?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2006, 11:12:46 PM »
You'll eventually get a letter in the mail telling you when and where you trial will be. I got ticketed in August and still haven't got a letter (mind you traffic court in toronto is probably insane busy). At the court house they said if you don't hear anything in 7 months to call them (yeah, I'll call to remind you... right. pmsl), after 8 months you can motion to Section 11b it...

CC from the above link on page 1
---
As soon as you get your trial date, the first thing to do is to ask for disclosure. It's best not to ask for disclosure until you get your court date, because it might remind someone that your trial hasn't been set. It's always possible that your case might fall through the cracks and you never get a trial date. Ask to see the officer's notes and whatever he may be relying on as evidence in trial. This is vital because you can't prepare a defense without knowing what the officer will be relying on. To send a disclosure request, just write a brief letter to the Provincial Prosecutor's office asking for disclosure. Be sure to include your full name, the offence date, and ticket/offence number. Also, be specific in what evidence you ask for. If you just say "send me all evidence you will be relying on in the trial", they'll probably be lazy and not send you very much. Be specific: e.g. "please send me: 1) Both sides of the officer's ticket, 2) the officer's notes on the day of the offence, 3) etc." If you happen to already be at the prosecutor's office, they may have a disclosure request form that you can use and submit right there. Just make sure you get a copy for yourself.

The address of the prosecutor's office is on the back of your ticket. Make sure you send the request either in person or via registered mail so they cannot claim they never received your request. Document all contact that you have with the prosecutor's office, in the event that they are not cooperative, you can motion to have the charges dropped based on non-disclosure, and you have all your proof ready.

Generally, all that is in posession of the prosecutor's office will be a prosecution sheet, which usually only has things like a copy of the ticket, and the officer's notes. If you need more information, usually only the officer in question has this information. For example, for a speeding charge, generally, only the officer will know which make and model radar unit he used, which he may or may not have written in his notes. If you need any other evidence, you have to ask the officer in question for this evidence. Again, document all contact you have with the officer. Write down the name(s) of who you spoke to, and the time and date of your call. If the officer gives you a hard time, tell the officer that the "Freedom of Information Act" (for Ontario) gives you the priviledge to obtain this information. If he still refuses, write it all down and on your court date, you can motion to have the charges dropped. If your motion is denied, you can have the JP order the officer to give you this information and to reschedule your court date so you have a chance to look over the information.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.