Author Topic: I've become a statistic :(  (Read 12261 times)

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
I've become a statistic :(
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2006, 11:14:32 PM »
what is "Both sides of the officers ticket"?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2006, 11:19:55 PM »
Front and back.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2006, 11:42:26 PM »
which contains?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2006, 09:07:46 AM »
You must have a copy of your ticket there? no? The officers ticket is a carbon copy of your ticket. It contains stuff like the date, time, your name, your vehicle, your address, what the infaction was, the officers number, the amount of the fine, etc. The back has all your options of how to go about fighting the ticket...

You don't really need any of that, but if prosecutors do not provide you with information its another avenue for getting off on the charges. It's all about avenues.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2006, 12:24:51 AM »
>>It was only just over a month ago that I went through the trauma of a smash.<<

Yo Coopz, man, how are YOU doing? You sound like you're more or less back together, which I'm glad. Any ideas on a bike yet? Good luck.

Stealth, I'm glad you're finally seeing that there may be a lot more to rebuilding then it's worth. I really think you should start looking around for some new wheels man. I mean, unless you just want to make a pet project out of rebuilding it, what's the point? :wtf:

Even if you DO want to make a project out of it, you should get another bike. This way, there's no deadline or pressure for trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Just my 2 (American) cents on this. After all, it's the ride, man. :motorsmile:  :beers:

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »
I unbolted the engine cover and checked inside, there were no pieces of metal, and interestingly enough, this side of the engine is cut-off from the rest. Just a little space where oil flows through.

I then proceeded to seeing if the engine is seized or not. I put the bike in 6th gear, rotated the tire when on centrestand, and it turned flawlessly.

So engine is perfectly fine, aside from the smashed cover.
I noticed that the brake light is constantly on when the key is on "on" position. Its as bright as it gets, no matter if you hold the brake or not. I also noticed that the Electric start doesnt do anything.

I think the electricals on the right handlebar are messed up and is therefore constantly on the brake light and the "emergency off" position. I remember I saw the bike on the "emergency off" position when pinned down so maybe an impact severed the handlebar electrics? <the right handlebar is pretty bent.

anyway, thats my updated status.  :beers:

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »
I unbolted the engine cover and checked inside, there were no pieces of metal, and interestingly enough, this side of the engine is cut-off from the rest. Just a little space where oil flows through.

I then proceeded to seeing if the engine is seized or not. I put the bike in 6th gear, rotated the tire when on centrestand, and it turned flawlessly.

So engine is perfectly fine, aside from the smashed cover.
I noticed that the brake light is constantly on when the key is on "on" position. Its as bright as it gets, no matter if you hold the brake or not. I also noticed that the Electric start doesnt do anything.

I think the electricals on the right handlebar are messed up and is therefore constantly on the brake light and the "emergency off" position. I remember I saw the bike on the "emergency off" position when pinned down so maybe an impact severed the handlebar electrics? <the right handlebar is pretty bent.

anyway, thats my updated status.  :beers: