Author Topic: I guess thats it :-(  (Read 4763 times)

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://landwarrior.dynserv.net
I guess thats it :-(
« on: April 06, 2007, 07:00:45 PM »
Hey every one.
Just sold my Lovely Bandit and bought a CBR600 F3.
Feel very sad  :duh:
One of the reasons why i changed to CBR is because i want to do more track days and still be able to commute in comfort.She has full Micron exhaust and dino jet kit.After 8Krpms have to really hold on.Ones was nearly left behind while doing 100Mph.
Have to say though, 115Bhp is no joke. Took a while to get use to power delivery on that thing...and i love it no matter how much i didnt want to admit it :shock:
Here are some pics if anyone would like to see.
I'll still be around though and will never forget where i come from. Cheers to little B4's...

We work to live not live to work!!!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »
Another F3 convert!   :banana2:

Good luck with her!  They are strong and pretty much bulletproof.  Any suspension mods?
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 04:12:10 PM »
Dont think there are any suspencion mods.But comparing to little B4 its much better, especialy at speed. Im only 11St(70Kg/150Lb), so i think OEM suspention is alright for me at the moment. Will know more once get out to the track.
What mods have you got so far?
Do You think it may piece some people off that we are talking about Hondas on Suzuki's Forum... :bomb:  :stickpoke:

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:23:54 PM »
I'm soooo pissed right now. This is a bandit 400 forum. Take your honda's elsewheres!!!

Just kidding. Congrats on the new bike.

It looks like I'm keeping the bandit 400 for a while, just had a major tune up done -- doesn't even feel like my bike anymore. I can't wait to wear off the new tire stuff so I can really put the boots to it.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:33 AM »
Quote from: "land-warrior.rus"
What mods have you got so far?

I have a Penske rear shock, Racetech reworked forks and geometry "optimized" by Computrack.  It's amazing.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 09:28:05 AM »
This is CBR Alley, right????
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Do You think it may piece some people off that we are talking about Hondas on Suzuki's Forum... :bomb:  :stickpoke:

:shameshame: We can't say anything now... the new site owner has a Honda, too.
 :stickpoke: (But at least she didn't whimp out like some of you and sell her Bandit.)
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 12:56:34 AM »
Jesus... If i only had more storage room, some extra cash and didn't have a wife and 2 mortgages to pay i'd gladly keep my bandit.and i know that you all will change your bandits sooner or later. The better you get at riding the more demand you put on your bike and soon bandit just can't cope any more.and honestly i just got tired fixing it every 2 weekend.but i still love em to bits.cheers

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 01:03:53 AM »
You do realize that was tongue-in-cheek, right? :motorsmile:

And someday you reach the point of 'the older you get, the slower you get' and realize you don't need a race-replica to have fun... so you buy a big Bandit and give up rowing gearboxes to keep it in the powerband and enjoy all that torque.
 :wink:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 01:09:46 AM »
I didn't mean to upset any one in my last post just have my honest opinion. And i still think the buying of bandit last year was one of the best things i've done.if it wasn't for my bandit i'd know nothing about fixing bikes.its the best 1st bike i think-gives you a chance to take fists steps in riding getting to know the bike itself.And its always easy to fix.hope i didn't insult anyone earlyer.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 01:18:14 AM »
I wasn't insulted, I just feared from your response that you didn't see my earlier reply as an attempt at trying to be funny. That's all.

My follow up was just to try to clear that up - and give a plug for the 1200/1250 Bandits.  :lol:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
Some of us "older" fellas want to go slow AND row the gearbox, but that's why they make the 600/650 still.

So...it takes me 3 or even 4 seconds to go fast enough to lose my license instead of 2-2.5 secs.

Congrats on the F3 - I seriously looked at an F4, until I actually sat on it. I need the upright stance to interest me now. The most aggressive I'm prepared for now is the Triumph ST or Honda VFR.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
The better you get at riding the more demand you put on your bike and soon bandit just can't cope any more.

That made me laugh :lol: It's just that, lack of power is replaced by skill and madness :stickpoke: :wink:

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »
land-warrior.rus wrote:
The better you get at riding the more demand you put on your bike and soon bandit just can't cope any more.

That made me laugh  It's just that, lack of power is replaced by skill and madness  

i know, i know, but some time no matter how much of skill and madness you have( especialy on the track) you just cant break some bariers with  bikes that were not build for tracks, like little B4.
First of all because they are not designed for the track( foot pegs are too low, bad airodinamics and so on).
I did some track days on Bandit 4 and i thought i'd do them on tight bends but i couldnt be more wrong. I couldnt lean near as much as the rest of them did on there track/race addopted bikes and on top of that they just humered me on straights.
If i wasnt interested in track days i'd stick to the bandit as it did everything i wanted to perfectly(except the matter just discusted:-))
Any way. Long story short, there are no bad bikes - there are just different onece to serve diffrent kind of riding styles and riders.
Cheers.
And Red01, i posted that message at the same time you posted yours.so i didnt read it at the time of writing mine. And i think you were funny as hell.
I agry, when im older i'd swich to somethink more torquer for the reasons you describe in your post.

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"

:shameshame: We can't say anything now... the new site owner has a Honda, too.
 :stickpoke: (But at least she didn't whimp out like some of you and sell her Bandit.)

LMAO
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works