Author Topic: I rode a GSX-R 750....  (Read 1994 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
I rode a GSX-R 750....
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:51:42 AM »
...and let me tell you, going straight from my B4 to that thing was obviously the most stark difference one could think of. But I have never been on/driven/been a passenger in something that can move so effortlessly as that machine. Few things, it's not nearly as uncomfortable as I first predicted, which is good. It is really not happy about going anywhere less than 50mph, but is coincidently very happy about going 80+ anytime you feel the need.

I liked it, not sure I would buy one, as I'm not a huge fan of GSX-R's in general, but I definately enjoyed the power, 6th gear, 50mph, just roll on the throttle and you move, no muss, no fuss, just goes, do like that.

And the handling, oh my, where it is uncomfortable at 40mph, it is very happy about carving up some asphalt. And compared to my B4, it is so much easier to shift around on it, and then you realize why everything is placed the way it is on the bike, right where you need all the controls when it really counts.

Oh and EFI, man, is there anything more easy than this? Perfect fueling, everywhere, electronic idle control, love it, just start it and go.

I did have my 600RR for a few weeks before I got my B4, but being the state it was in(bought it to rebuild), i never got a good chance to ride it on the street, just around my neighborhood, which is far too small to get an idea of what these super sports can do. So I think it's a great bike, but I agree with an article I read in a magazine lately, why can't we get a totally unrestricted naked bike? Take that engine and chassis, stick some either top mount clip-ons or regular bars on it, and call it a day. It would sell, it would be gnarly, and it would haul ass. Downsides? I think not. just my 2 cents.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: I rode a GSX-R 750....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:06:19 PM »
[quote="sclay115 I'm not a huge fan of GSX-R's in general, [/quote]

Hey now :stickpoke:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
I rode a GSX-R 750....
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 12:56:28 PM »
Nothing against them at all, they are amazing machines. It just doesn't suit my taste looks wise. That's why I bought a naked 400.  :grin:  But yeah, they are incredible at what they do.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge