Author Topic: bored so i continued on my porting project(dial up beware)  (Read 2683 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
bored so i continued on my porting project(dial up beware)
« on: November 25, 2006, 07:23:51 PM »
This is why i had to port another head, well actually i started the other head last year it was to be for the 465 kit but i made a booboo so now i need to finish it!

Thats the head i was running the 442 kit with burned ok was a bit rich yet really didnt have enough time before i broke it!

:crybaby: That is what happens when you get to confident and time the cams wrong (2 teeth off) what do you do but cuss and lmfao!!!! :duh:  :shock:

This is the combustion chamber that i reshaped!

This is the exhaust port that im going for that Kawasaki D-shape effect got to fill some stuff in with marine tex then finish shaping it!

This is my other head that i ruined intake port note the bridge that splits the intake port. I think the bridge needs to go back as all the heads from pro shops that ive seen are cut way back i think it loses velocity like it is stock this head was mildly ported what you would call a clean up with just a skosh more!

This is the new one that i cut the bridge back to what i thought was good well i split the differance in the lenght.

Im still not done got alot of work to do and this isnt my first rodeo ive ported a few things in my time. Hell i even owned a flow bench at one time. The rest of the picks are just to look at! hope some like my little public service anouncement!!!LOL

More spare junk below lol

:beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 07:38:01 PM »
Looks good Jay! Looks like a lot of work.

I see you've figured out how to resize photographs and take shots that arent blurry!
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 07:41:37 PM »
See and i thought the first joke would be about me timming my head wrong HUH go figure lol cheers brother!
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:56:02 AM »
i dont think moving the bridge back would make a positive change  :stickpoke:

could you tell some more about the Kawasaki D-shape effect (maybe a link) and where do you buy the marine tex for in the exhaust? Do you use JD Weld for the intake ports?

interesting but long read: MotoTuneUSA
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 11:25:38 AM »
If the bridge is long when the air speed picks up it has more time to slow down were as if it is shorter you catch the air moving more faster at a better time. Jb weld marine tex same stuff but i like marine tex. just look for articals about kaws new models from 2000 on!

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:11:34 PM »
A D-shaped exhaust port seems to outflow a round port of the same area. However the D-shape has the extra advantage that it reduces backflow of exhaust gas in the low- and mid-range.

Whatever you do, do not match to port to your exhaust header. The header should mismatch the port, mostly on the top of the port. It may be easier to do this by removing the lip in the header, where it connects to the exhaust port, and make a new obstruction in the header but only on the top. This should create a pulse which reduces backflow.

Cutting back the bridge is a good thing. The mixture will have a better flow path but won't collide with the back of the port if the bridge is cut back until it alligns with the port wall. This modification reduces friction and it might improve swirl as well.