Author Topic: do custom exhausts with stock baffle require rejetting?  (Read 1934 times)

Offline chukidrifter91

• Board Regular!
do custom exhausts with stock baffle require rejetting?
« on: October 06, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
As we all know the available aftermarket exhausts for our b4s are damn near Nil,  I have been searching for a mcm style exhaust like many r1 owners like to run.

Its pretty much a baffle and an exhaust tip, my question is if i were to run the stock baffle from the exhaust (or same diameter) would it still require rejetting as backpressure should be SIMILAR?

and also for those who say its too loud:
Id rather have it this way, as someone who hasnt ridden for much longer than a month, i've been cut off many times by ignorant drivers countless times already. 
On my friends r1 with the MCM "GP style" exhaust everyone knew right where I was and kept to their own lane.

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
Re: do custom exhausts with stock baffle require rejetting?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »
I just asked the same thing 2 topics down
http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=13079.0
 :bandit:

Offline chukidrifter91

• Board Regular!
Re: do custom exhausts with stock baffle require rejetting?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »
nah diff question lol, you proposed an aftermarket exhaust without being model specific (which im concluding baffle size is the difference for diff bikes)

I just wanted my question of stock baffle creating the correct backpressure would work

(realistically if backpressure is same or similar shouldnt minor to no tuning be required?)