Author Topic: how many clicks on your b4?  (Read 4706 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
how many clicks on your b4?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 08:19:32 AM »
Quote from: "BrianM"
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
And how many of you guys thing your ride needs the top end freshened up with all those miles? Christ this isnt a car. Do a compression check for petes sake then contact me about some pistons. LOL

Ya know, I've seen you say this a handfull of times and it just doesn't make any sense to me.  Unless the Suzuki is just a POS (possible, I've never owned one before), there's no reason it should need a top end rebuild anytime shy of 100k miles.  I've run an '87 VFR700 to 107k miles, and it had the original engine (from 12k when I bought it), with no internal work and compression at the upper end of the factory range at 107k.  I had a CB1100f with 60k, and it was the same story...  top end of the factory range.  Then there was a 50k old EX250 (as in 50k from being rebuilt), right at the top end of the factory range....  and dozens of other bikes in the 30~50k range (but no Suzukis...  odd now that I think about it ~ I've not seen high mileage Suzukis ever), never once have I come across one that was running, but had low compression due to wear.

Now, I've had my fair share with burnt valves, one where the rings didn't seat, and a couple with dropped valves ~ but that's a different cup of tea.

So, why do you constantally suggest that B4's, with Low relative miles, would need any sort of rebuild?  Or am I just completely missing some tongue in cheekness?

I just like things checked around 15,000-30000 my self leak down ,compression if you saty up on it you can address something before it becomes drastic. frequent oil changes prevent alot as do good valve adjustment intervals. Im not saying that every one needs a top end rebuild im just saying it should be checked if you are a serious rider and plan on riding some sort of motorcycle for maybe the rest of your life spring for a compression tester , 99.00 air compressor and a leak down tester . also a air gauge for your tires is real important.
cheers
all
Jay
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline erik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 06:54:27 PM »
1993 b4
50,264km
about 2000k's of which are mine.

Offline bonobandit4

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
'93 with 17,850miles
I've actually read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.... it sucked!

Brian
93 Bandit w/ full Yoshi 4-2-1 and jets
1968 AMC Javelin - Made in WI baby!