Author Topic: Introduce your Bandit  (Read 151752 times)

Offline Dognutz

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Re: Introduce your Bandit
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »
New member introducing myself.  I just picked up as a first bike a red 92 bandit 400.  It has right around 20k if I remember correctly.  The bike is stock except a K&N panel filter it came with and the upgrades and maintenance I have done which are 07 gsxr 600 rear shock, frame sliders, and new throttle cable. The bike seems to run great with the exception of a slight stumble when slow applying the throttle from low rpm's and a little oil in the air box.  I think I need to adjust the cable to fix the stumble.  This seems like a very helpful forum and look forward to much reading.
TIA!

Offline bullet5

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum :grin:

If you plan on giving your B4 a service soon, I suggest fitting a standard air filter. The K&N filters are renouned for causing lots of running problems, due to the increased air flow. If you fit one, ideally you need to then get it dyno tested and rejetted to suit the increased air flow. Without this work, they tend to cause lean running, pinking and poor throttle responce. :thumb:

Great to see new members.
All the best,
Bullet5.

Offline kznbro2

• New user!
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
Hi all,
I have a 250VS in red that I bought over the Internet in February. The fork seals have been replaced & I am in the process of having the head rebuilt & the barrels lightly honed. I have replaced the pistons as it was cheaper to get a complete set of fpistons with rings, circlips & gudgeon pins from Aliexpress.com they sent via DHL & I had thm in my greasy paws in 5 days!

Hope the pics come through ok. They are from the previous owner. The bike has 27000km but the motor seems to have had a hard life & the forks needed seals. If anyone is interested, Kawasaki zx600 dust seals fit fine (ja, I have a zzr 600 e2 too). Kawasaki have been using the same seals from 1990 to 2004 so you should find some if you need them. The drive shaft spline was also worn because the front sprocket had been reversed after having excessive wear. A used transmission is in the air, as I write, from Japan. Bid JDM is useful!

Well this is my little 1/4 Bandit. I just love the sound of those 250 screamers Fromm the 90's

:thumb:
Cheers.

Pete. .
Seems my pics R too big. I will post from a PC later so I can make the pics smaller

Offline rydethis

• New user!
« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:18 PM »
This is my baby!!  His name is Busa!!  (My sister rides a Busa and named it Bandit  :shrug:)

He needs some TLC since he has been sitting for awhile. 

1991 Bandit 400GSF

Offline Bennyj

• New user!
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »
Hi Guys

This is my bike, a 91 gsf400

It's pretty much stock, I just cleaned the carbs out and put new o rings through them and it seems to be running pretty well, although I've got a carb tuning kit and colortune on the way to hopefully get it running a little better, Thanks for all the great info, it's definitely made everything a whole lot easier!

I'll keep you posted on how the tuning goes.

Offline wario

• Board Regular!
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:27 PM »
Here's my 400.

Offline JukaPT

• New user!
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2013, 03:57:41 PM »
Theres mine 95 B4(GK75A) 33000kms, stock engine with Yoshimura exaust  :motorsmile:

Offline GSX-R1100

• New user!
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »
This is my first Bandit and its a 400... I have several old GSXR's, 86 750 and 1100, 91 750 I also have an FZ1 and a ZRX   

but I got lucky today... I had a line on a bandit 400 was planning on paying $500 it was in nice shape but the owner had no title, hasn't ran in a few years and I looked in the tank and was like no way forget it... It was almost dark and I told her nahhhh I just don't know maybe a hundred and then I recanted and said no Im going to pass... Then she said I have no way to haul it and if its that bad will you just haul it away for me.... so I never look a gift horse in the mouth... and said sure So I got it home and did a little cleaning but I need advice on the tank???

I hooked up a jump box and all of the electrical works, and drained the oil and its nice and thick. the carbs are frozen, I'm just hoping no water has gotten it to the motor.

Thanks Craig

Offline wario

• Board Regular!
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »
These are amazing bikes... but, you can get upside down from a cash perspective really fast because the parts are non-existant.

When they run - they're an absolute hoot! When they dont - then they're a real pain to straighten out.

You may want to "Creme" the tank (http://www.kbs-coatings.com/large-cycle-tank-sealer-kit.html) to seal it up. Once that's done - then getting the fuel system to work may be a challenge. The 400 comes from the factory very finicky - so, I would not recommend any modifications to the carbs unless you're full committed. The factory airbox and other bits are going to need to be in working order to get it to run (right). Hopefully the ignitor module is still solid. How many miles? If it's got gas and air, but no spark - then that's probably your culprit. New ones can be had from eBay for ~ $150. Let me know if its too much work and you want to part it out. I'll take the tail, seats, and tool kit without blinking.

Offline B4ndit

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »
I thought I would change my screen name from GSXR-1100 to B4ndit so I could remember it for this site.

Thanks Craig

Offline bdouvill

• Everybody
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »
This is my first bike, a Bandit 400 of course!!!!

Its a 92, french version so single 310mm front disc and standard metallic exhaust line painted in black (it's crazy how they love rust...). It was originally red (frame + bodywork) with white wheels.
Here's a picture when I got it 3 years ago:

The body was (really badly) painted in white, exhaust silencer was a CBR600F soldered on the rusted 4/1.

Some pictures of how it is now:

List of things I did:
- painted the bodywork in dark grey, I was inspired by Ducati Monster 916 Senna, but it's little bit different: dark grey body work, light grey frame, red wheels
- put a 600/750 early 2000 rear shock, just reserviced with a progressive Hyperpro spring (unfortunately, I have no idea of the spring stiffness)
- front disc stainless line and new pads
- new oil in the fork (15W)
- got a stainless steel standard exhaust line from Ebay UK

I made more than 7000 km with it since then (more than 4500 in the last 12 months)

Since the picture, I mounted OEM chinese handlebars from Ebay and I am currently in the process of rebuilding the fork with 0.85 straight rate springs and gold valve cartridge emulators both from Racetech.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:50:35 PM by bdouvill »
Benoit.
Bandit 400 1992, 1st bike.

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »
The grey and red looks good!
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline Dakotademon7

• Board Regular!
« Reply #177 on: August 26, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
My 99 Bandit S1200 that I got for free. The bad part is that the engine threw a rod but I have a 99 Katana 750 engine to put in it.

Offline Dakotademon7

• Board Regular!
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »
This is my first bike, a Bandit 400 of course!!!!

Its a 92, french version so single 310mm front disc and standard metallic exhaust line painted in black (it's crazy how they love rust...). It was originally red (frame + bodywork) with white wheels.
Here's a picture when I got it 3 years ago:

The body was (really badly) painted in white, exhaust silencer was a CBR600F soldered on the rusted 4/1.

Some pictures of how it is now:

List of things I did:
- painted the bodywork in dark grey, I was inspired by Ducati Monster 916 Senna, but it's little bit different: dark grey body work, light grey frame, red wheels
- put a 600/750 early 2000 rear shock, just reserviced with a progressive Hyperpro spring (unfortunately, I have no idea of the spring stiffness)
- front disc stainless line and new pads
- new oil in the fork (15W)
- got a stainless steel standard exhaust line from Ebay UK

I made more than 7000 km with it since then (more than 4500 in the last 12 months)

Since the picture, I mounted OEM chinese handlebars from Ebay and I am currently in the process of rebuilding the fork with 0.85 straight rate springs and gold valve cartridge emulators both from Racetech.

Love the look and colors. It's like my Blaster.

Offline wildwhl

• New user!
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »
Don't recall if I ever introduced myself - but I'm back on the Bandit project now...