MODEL SPECIFIC > SUZUKI BANDIT 250 & 400

Jetting Thread

(1/15) > >>

Banditmax:
As there are quite a few of us with non standard bikes out there i thought it'd be good to start a thread sayuing what engine mods you'd done and what jetting you are using. Please only posts with specs in start a new thread if you have problems with your jetting
 Heres Mine at the moment its running well no big flat spots and pulls real good at top end. But not completely happy with the fuel screw setting at the moment.

Height above sea level: Around 750-1000 feet
 Outside Air temp: 14.1c
 Bike is: 1993 first gen non V model Japanese import. 33mm carbs.
 Engine Mods: In airbox K&N filter with standard lid. Waco full racing exhaust system with baffle installed. M-max derestrictor box. Carbs have just been fitted with all new o rings.
 Jetting:
 Needle: Factory Pro ti needles on 3rd clip down
 Main: 97.5
 Pilot: 32.5
 Mixture screw: 1 and 1/4 turns out
 Float height 15mm

Edited thanks for the tips guys

PitterB4:
Just a couple comments from your trusty Mod and I'll get out of the way of this thread (which is a great idea).  We actually started one of these a year or so ago but I don't think it got very far.

Knowing which B4 you have will be helpful (V model, first or second generation, US 32mm carbs or not...).

Also it would be interesting and useful to document your satisfaction with it.  E.g.: "Runs awesome up top but has bad flat spot at 4K"...

Go get 'em!

stormi:
:popcorn2:

Awesome timing guys!  We're going to have to jet Dita here right away, and I haven't a clue where to start ( and have been too busy to search the forums so far)

andrewsw:
altitude: 1500ft
average temperature year round ( a completely useless number): 47.3 F. summer temps avg: 65F, but that's 95F during the day and 50F at night... IOW, jetting is a pain.

Mods: K&N filter in stock airbox with no snorkle. Yosh full 4-2-1 exhaust,

Main: 105
Pilot: 32.5 (stock)
Needle: Factory Pro, position 3 (I think, gotta look)
Mixture: 3.25 (EDIT: woah was I wrong!! had listed 1.25..., 3.25 might be too much and may be a cause of some softness between 4-5k when very warmed up)
floats: 16mm, raise to try to cure softness at 5k or so (was15mm)

runs real good, but I think she might need more top end. I might try a 110 main, we'll see. I think there may be more unknown mods to this bike because of a couple clues: 1) I'm running more jet than a lot of folks (I think). 2) this bike has been drilled for safety wiring for the track, so I can't say whether anything has been done inside the case, but its certainly more likely than if she wasn't drilled.

MORE EDIT: I'm getting some softness between 4-5k. Shows up when very warmed up (after a long ride) or when very hot out. If cruising nicely at that engine speed in say 3rd gear (what is that, about 35mph?) and I crack the throttle just a bit (maybe 1/16th) it will stumble and miss. if I give it more, it clears up. I think its either too much on the mixture screw (though that should be mostly out of the picture by then) or maybe float level. Its not a big deal and if I don't try to ride so nicely, then its no problem  :motorsmile:

MORE MORE EDIT: a supposed factory trained suzuki mechanic claims that my softness is either the pilot jet or the float height. Float height is easy (since I only have stock pilots available at the moment). Will try 16mm just to see what it does. Also, am I rich on the fuel-air? it doesn't stumle on the throttle blip... but its still out pretty far and maybe that is affecting the 4-5k just off idle thing.

MORE MORE EDIT EDIT: I'm still fussing with a little bitty rich spot between 5-6k and its driving me crazy. I raised the floats, lowered the fuel level to 16mm and its better, but still a drag when its really hot. (we were pushing 95F today). It only shows when fully warmed up and I crack the throttle just the tiniest bit off cruise at 5-6k rpm. it goes away easily with a touch more throttle. Its annoying because when cruising in that range, there's always little tiny throttle adjustments and it sputters just a bit... ack. also tried turning idle screw in to 3.0 from 3.25... no go, starts to lean surge a bit and won't idle as smooth...

BrianM:
For the time being (I'll edit when it changes, again)

5500' above sea level
32mm carbs (completely rebuilt, nothing skipped)
stock airbox, filter, exhaust
Main: 95 (and still too rich)
Pilot: 30
Mixture screws: 2.25 turns out
Float height is stock
Needles are stock and shimmed up 3mm

And I'm still running rich.  Odd to see so Little mixture when I've never had a bike use less than 2.5 turns before, but I'm also running the smallest pilot possible (made a HUGE improvement).  I'm planning on getting some Factory needles, and dropping another main.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version