Author Topic: Anyone have a tank? Or maybe a match?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline raincheck_uk

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://becky.stead.fotopic.net
Anyone have a tank? Or maybe a match?
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:39:38 PM »
Hi everyone. Well its been a LONG time since i last posted here. Ive had so much trouble with my B4 this last 12 months its unbelievable. Ive had a leak in my tank for some time now. I had it welded earlier in the year and now its been sealed with erm apoxy resin (is that spelt right?!!). Anyway im dessperately looking for a tank and cant find one anywhere at all so was just wondering if anyone on here had one to sell or knew of anyone selling one? I have a 91 model standard not the V V. Thanks for your time. Hope everyones doing good.
Becky
Becky.

It's too late to stop now.

The beast - 91' black GSF400 Bandit.

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »
Might be worth looking on www.banditspares.com i think i remember seeing a 400 tank on his website!

Thats not too good, i hope you get it all sorted so that you can get back to happy riding days  :motorsmile:
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4
'00 GSF 600 Bandit Y - Used for parts
'95 GSF 400 Bandit - smashed :'(

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:54:53 AM »
I know the feeling. I came home from work one night to find ~1/3 of my tank's gas puddled under the bike, just waiting for someone to toss a cigarette at! I had it patched several times (new holes kept popping up) while I waited for something to pop up on ebay. Good luck.

Offline raincheck_uk

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://becky.stead.fotopic.net
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »
Thanks for reply guys. Well i thought the hole in my tank was a worry, but when i went to start it this morning to go home from work it wouldnt start. It didnt run too cracky on the way in to work so i wasnt suprised when it wouldnt run. Anyway i had to leave it at work for the day and when i got up i called the garage and he said it could be my battery so i brought my charger to work with me. Started to take the whole thing apart to get the battery out which, as you will know, is a hell of a job! My friend said "have you tried to start it" i hadnt so i did and hey it started. Although there is still a problem somewhere as it sounds like not all cylinders are firing. Started to put it back together and the torch battery went so im gonna finish it later. Ill have to get up tomorrow afternoon (i work nights) and take it to the garage.Im thinking about a Yamaha xjr400 and calling it a day with the bandit. Its just one thing after another. :crybaby:
Becky.

It's too late to stop now.

The beast - 91' black GSF400 Bandit.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 12:35:25 PM »
I know some one in the uk she has a black tank she is getting me a price for it she is a bike breaker over there!
cheers
jay
If not interested anymore please let me know so i dont waste my time
thanks
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol