Author Topic: No start again  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
No start again
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »
Its been a while since my last post. How are you guys doing? My bike doesnt want to start again. Just cleaned the carbs, after that no start. I have sparks cominf from all the plug wires and it seems the plugs wont fire. Is it possibel that my plugs went kaput of not using the bike for 3 weeks? Tried cleaning it but to no avail. What could be other causes? I think that I have put back the parts of the carbs correctly.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
No start again
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 03:00:44 PM »
Do you have gas going to the carbs? Pull a bowl drain plug and make sure. If you just cleaned the carbs, it is more likely to be a fuel supply issue.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
No start again
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »
Im sure that I have fuel in the carbs. When I tried to start it then took the plugs out its wet with fuel. What could be wrong?

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
No start again
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 12:19:12 AM »
After being sure you have fuel in the carbs, the next thing is to ensure you have a spark...start by making sure the battery is fully charged. The battery can have enough current to turn the starter, but not enough left to actually fire the plugs under compression.
Paul

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
No start again
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »
Guys just tried to fix and start my bike last saturday but found out that theres no spark coming from the 4th plug wire, and the first crank  plugs 3,2 ,and 1 have sparks but suddenly disappears whil cranking it continously. the bike hasnt been used foi the past 2 months but prior to that it ran fine, just had trouble with dirty carbs, but ran fine. what could be causing the trouble? Is it the igniter once more? Is it possible for the igniter going bad when the bike is not used for some time?

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
No start again
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »
As mentioned, charge the battery first...and make sure it's in good condition. Check the voltage before you charge it. It should be approx 13.2 volts, then charge it and check it again. If you have less than 13.2 volts after charging, you have a bad cell.
Paul

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
No start again
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 12:10:46 AM »
Still no go guys, its been awhile and i miss riding. What else could be wrong with the bike. Got new batteries, fixed the igniter, and sure have sparks on all fours, new plugs, newly cleaned carbs etc. what else could be wrong. When I press the electric start the engines turns freely and seems to catch but it didint. All four pipes are hot, so the plugs are trying to fire the engine up but still no go. Need your help guys.