Author Topic: Looking for a cylinder head  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Looking for a cylinder head
« on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
Like the title says, I'm looking to buy a good cylinder head with everything inside except the camshafts, those aren't really necessary. It's for a '92 engine, so anything except a VV head should be good.

The thing is, yesterday I found out at which RPM the B4's valve springs are too slow to retract the valve before the piston says hello to it... which is at about 19000 RPM :bomb: I missed a shift and hit the throttle, usually it only goes to 14000 when I do that but this time I guess it was on a roll and my reaction time was really bad :shock: When I looked at the rev counter it was past the 18K marker, went 4000 RPMs past the limiter :roll: Anyway, now there's a valve making some noise so next weekend I'm replacing the whole engine with a spare one. Gotta love the B4 though, broken valve, really bad compression (as in, 9/10/9/11 bar from cylinder 1 to 4), using oil like mad and still does 200 km/h without a problem :bandit:

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Looking for a cylinder head
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »
The bike has got it's new engine and it's running great :grin: Haven't inspected the old engine yet, though I did notice there was a nut missing from the rocker arm, the one you use to set the valve clearance. The screw had turned itself all the way out so the ticking sound may be the screw hitting the valve.

Still looking for a good cylinder head, anyone?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »
so maybe that was your noise when you switched the cam to try the intake cam mod
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »
No that was different. That sounded more like all the screws being loose, which they weren't.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 06:50:01 AM »
Theres one on ebay UK.