Author Topic: Fairing F/S  (Read 3343 times)

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fairing F/S
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:45:36 PM »
I have an OEM Suzuki fairing for sale. I bought it on Ebay about a year ago, and have finally decided I don't like it. Here are all the details which the scumbag I bought it from decided not to tell me.
I do not have the original mounting hardware, but I will include mounting hardware I fabricated from stainless steel. This mounts the fairing farther back so the headlight is not so recessed as the stock position, and looks better in my opinion. The brackets hold the fairing firmly on my bike, but if you have stock turn signals, you will have to modify them somewhat.
The fairing has been repainted, and does not exactly match the bike. Count on repainting it. The repaint was probably due to a repair, which you can see in one of the pictures, which is solid and not visible from the outside. I did not notice for quite a while that it had a repair.
Two windshields are included, one came with the fairing, and one I bought seperately. Both have scratches, and one has been polished somewhat, but both look ok, and you don't actually look through the windshield when riding anyway.
Hoping to get US$ 75 plus shipping to recoup SOME of what this has cost me. I may also be interested in offers involving a full stainless exhaust or a nice set of saddle bags. :grin:
Pictures are here: http://photobucket.com/albums/c260/Stevek44/fairing/
Any questions or offers please PM me here on the board.
Steve
1991 B4

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Fairing F/S
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 04:53:58 PM »
I very much like that fairing.  It's a good look, IMHO.  Yours looks to be in pretty nice shape.  Good luck with it.

Not to hyjack but... what are you using for frame sliders?
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fairing F/S
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:45:08 AM »
Thanks Rob,
The fairing does look better than what I described, but when I bought it the description was "OEM fairing, good shape, windshield lightly scratched" I don't want to mislead the next owner about what they're getting.

The sliders were made by a machinist buddy of mine. There's some pictures and details posted here:
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=3390&highlight=sliders
Of course, buying the fairing and sliders would let someone save on combined shipping !  :grin:
1991 B4

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Fairing F/S
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:09:20 PM »
Damn - your highly paid admin/mod forgot that post!!!   :shock:  70 clams, huh?  Not bad.  Given the gouges in my engine covers, I'd love to get the carbon cover covers but I'll have to think about these.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline danielburgess

• TURBO TYPER!
Fairing.
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 12:26:32 AM »
Hi magicGoose,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I recently got a similar head cowl for my '94 Bandit P. And how did you mount the head cowl onto the bike? Did yours come with the bracket?

Cheers Mate!

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fairing F/S
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 09:55:44 AM »
Hey Daniel,
Mine didn't come with the original bracketry. The upper holes I attached to sort of 'Z' shaped brackets which are mounted under the bolts holding the headlight bucket to the ears. The lower holes are attached to '<' shaped brackets which are mounted under the lower triple fork clamp bolts. I have pictures somewhere, I'll post them when I find them.
BTW: If anyone is interested in the fairing I'm open to offers.
Steve
1991 B4

Offline magicGoose

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fairing F/S
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »
OK Daniel, I got the picture of the brackets uploaded to the photobucket link in the first post in this thread. You can see that the bottom bracket was actually attached to the original mount for the turn signals, not the lower triple like I said in my previous post.
Steve
1991 B4