Author Topic: Looking for carb parts  (Read 2204 times)

Offline gunter

• Board Regular!
Looking for carb parts
« on: April 14, 2006, 12:17:20 AM »
I am going to be tearing into the carbs (again) and have a few questions.

1. Where can I get the rubber plugs that cover the hole the pilot jet is in? I tried Bike Bandit with no luck.

2. Is the air screw supposed to have a spring under it? Mine have o-rings, but no spring.

Thanks guys!

Offline Racerruss-ducati

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Looking for carb parts
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 12:48:18 AM »
Quote from: "gunter"
I am going to be tearing into the carbs (again) and have a few questions.

1. Where can I get the rubber plugs that cover the hole the pilot jet is in? I tried Bike Bandit with no luck.

2. Is the air screw supposed to have a spring under it? Mine have o-rings, but no spring.

Thanks guys!

for question 1, as Scooby-Do would say "rut roe, raggy".  On the other hand, I bet Jay has some spares.

for question 2, no springs, only the orings
'96 Ducati 900 SP street
'04 Yamaha R6 track

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Looking for carb parts
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

How serendipitous, I was just working on my carbs recently and had to deal with this same thing.  The plugs are in fact still available from BikeBandit.  I just looked, they are number 8 on they're schematic.

Oh yes. And there's suppose to be a washer too.  Those are no longer available.  Or maybe I should say Suzuki never made them available.  I stood at the local Suzuki Parts counter looking with the counter guy for nearly a half hour for the same thing.  The wierd thing  is that the o-ring, washer, and spring are available the first year the 600 bandit was made.  I ordered sets of those but haven't received them yet.  All of us at the counter were pretty confident they would work, we'll see.

Offline gunter

• Board Regular!
Looking for carb parts
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »
Thanks, duane! I just got the rubber plugs via BikeBandit and put em in.

I also did new jet needles (mine were from a PO who did some "upgrades" and put some unknown aftermarket needles).

The new needles had only one groove for the clip instead of the four or so the old ones had.  

Question- Does anyone know if the needle supposed to "float" within the slide when the spring is compressed? I can move the needle in and out about 1/8" when everything is together.