Author Topic: Carb help needed...tick over problem  (Read 2151 times)

Offline mactat2

• TURBO TYPER!
Carb help needed...tick over problem
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »
Hi guys, need your collective help again got the fuel pipe routed ok now and fuel flowing. Carbs have been cleaned and had new o rings fitted. The bike starts on either choke or a twist of throttle revs nicely, the problem i've now got is the tick over  fire the bike up and it sits at 4k when warm then after a few seconds slowly drops to 2k then slowly drops till it cuts out! any ideas?

Got it booked in for mot next week so need to get it sorted asap, then the worst bit i gotta strip the bike down again to send the body work back to the paint shop to be re done as they made a rather crap job of it  be glad when this things finished and the missus can start using it lol

Offline r_outsider

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Carb help needed...tick over problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 01:36:18 AM »
Sounds like lean problem of some sort, maybe you have an air leak somewhere. Try (carefully!!!) spraying some fuel, or starting fluid, or contact cleaner, around the rubber manifolds between the carbs and the engine and the vacuum line(I think there's only the one to the petcock, but I'm not sure), see if the idle changes. If it does, you've found the problem.

Offline mactat2

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Carb help needed...tick over problem
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 05:15:47 AM »
cool, i'll give it a go and let you know.