Author Topic: More power please.  (Read 12276 times)

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« on: September 19, 2007, 04:04:02 AM »
Hello fellow bandit owners, I have a lot of questions about my new bike (first time bandit owner and long time rider). I'm looking to get the most amount of power and handling out of my bike (I chose the bandit because of my size). I want to use the bike as an every day rider and part time canyon/track bike. I'm located here in Eagle Rock aka Glendale area so if any of you are close and want to meet up that would be great. Ok back to the task at hand. I am already planning on the 442 kit and my goal is 75-80hp, but I don't know what is the best set up for this bike. I love the bike so I don't mind throwing money at it, but I do need reliability and the most bang for my buck. What is a good gear ratio to get my bike to around 6500 rpm at 80mph? I want to get a muffler for it but I don't want too loud, but a nice howl (if that makes any sense lol, I love the sound it makes but I just want it a tad louder), I don't mind cutting and welding but is there a full exhaust out there for this bike? When I go to do the 442 kit what carbs, pods, exhaust, tuning set up should I use. I'm trying to do it all at once so I wont have to keep tuning and to get max power. Is there any fairing/dash that will work on the bike with minor fab? Is a 91 cal bike restricted? I cant seem to find the wires to cut on my cdi because the colors are different then what is said to cut. Why does my bike sometimes not want to rev at freeway speeds just bogs out (carbs just cleaned twice still no effect, also new plugs, rect/reg, and battery, but the bike does rev and run a little better with no air filter). I'm not sure what jets are in it but it does like higher altitude at low speeds (ie in the mountains). Also what gearing will take the bike up to about 140-150mph with the mods listed? Ive also read that you can swap a gixxer 750 front end but what is the best year? I have alot more questions but I think this is good for now. Any and all answers/replies would be appreciated.

Johnny
Keep The Rubber Side Down!

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:19:38 AM »
Also how to I post a pic of my bike on here? Sorry I'm also new to forums. I hated forums until I found banitalley. Thanks stormi and everyone that makes this forum possible.

Johnny

Nevermind, figured out how.

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
More power please.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:10:40 AM »
Just a few notes here for ya,
1/ 75 to 80 reliable HP is a pipe dream, Crack pipe
2/ if thats how much HP you need get a 600
3/ Top speed is about 130 for a very healthy 400, the stock US versions 112 is relistic, 150 is once again a pipe dream
4/ Suspension upgrade are very easy and worth while doing, alot of older GSXR part will bolt right on.
5/ Your bike isn't restricted other than the 32 mm carbs, all others came with 33 mm

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
More power please.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:14:37 AM »
Quote from: "Thief400"
3/ Top speed is about 130 for a very healthy 400, the stock US versions 112 is realistic, 150 is once again a pipe dream
4/ Suspension upgrade are very easy and worth while doing, alot of older GSXR part will bolt right on.
5/ Your bike isn't restricted other than the 32 mm carbs, all others came with 33 mm

:lol: since i just got up i wont comment on this yet :shock:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
Why so rude?
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
Not a very nice way to welcome a new guy. I wasn't sure what this bike was capable of. But thanks for the reply anyway. I guess thats how you treat new guys around here huh?

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Why so rude?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »
Quote from: "LosAngelesRyder"
Not a very nice way to welcome a new guy. I wasn't sure what this bike was capable of. But thanks for the reply anyway. I guess thats how you treat new guys around here huh?

just tell theif to  :stfu: mate and go shoot some poor helpless animal :bomb: as for posting pic's go to photo bucket or image shack host your pic their and then copy and paste it in between these
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
Quote from: "Thief400"
3/ Top speed is about 130 for a very healthy 400, the stock US versions 112 is relistic, 150 is once again a pipe dream

Then what is realistic then? And other then my bike bogging out (probably running too rich) its only got 14k on it. With that what is a good gear ratio to use. Something like 14/44? Or will that not be not enough? Will the gixxer 400 carbs work? I read on ebay uk that they are 33. But then again thats what a read on fleabay.

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Why so rude?
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 11:13:36 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"

just tell theif to  :stfu: mate and go shoot some poor helpless animal :bomb: as for posting pic's go to photo bucket or image shack host your pic their and then copy and paste it in between these

Thanks.

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »
GSXR400 Racer do you possibly know some of the other answers to my questions?

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »
70-80 is not out of the question but truely what proof do i have in regards to thief since i dont have a dyno print out to prove my theory. A good running stock bike ive seen 57 i have had 63 slightly modded before the 442 kit. i beleive but could be wrong you want 1993 + b4 carbs 33mm and 1989 sp gsxr 400 carbs 33 mm hard to find. the gsxr carbs dont run a plug in the pilot jet so hard to say which is better to me less parts are better. As for the gearing do a search on here to see what others run as i only race and really only use 14-15; 47
cheers hope that helps

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »
Thanks for the info GSXR400, I gotta run. Ill be back on in a couple of hours.

Johnny

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
as for a pipe they come up from time to time on ebay or i can get one from japan but they are pricey sometimes but usually in alot better shape than most here as they are still making pipe over there.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
Thanks for the info GSXR400, I gotta run. Ill be back on in a couple of hours.

Johnny

No problem , I'll be at school working on my higher edgamacation lol . I dont know what is wrong with theif it must be getting cold up there or he lost all his arrows in the grass. :wink:

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 01:20:29 PM »
:welcome: Welcome to the site LosAngelesRyder. This is a very good resource site for ALL sizes of Bandits.

I'm sure that Thief was just trying to answer your questions in a straight ahead manner. Sometimes typed words can come across somewhat blunt...

I would suggest you spend some time in the FAQ section, and do some searches by keywords. There are lots of opinions/suggestions to many of your questions.

The 400 guys will have lots of specific ideas for you, but you may want to read this recent thread for general suggestions on how to make horsepower.

http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=9204&start=30&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

:congrats: Congrats on getting the little Bandit, and again, welcome to the site. We will all be interested in hearing how your search for additional power goes. Keep us up to date.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 02:25:46 PM »
Thanks again GSXR and to you pmackie

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3