Author Topic: More power please.  (Read 12320 times)

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »
Update everyone.

4 tooth down on rear installed with new x-ring chain
Result is 8000rpm at 80 before the bike was at 8500rpm

Vance and Hines slip on, Pods, 117.5 jet, the clip is on the top of the needle (it was too rich with the needle any where else), 2.5 turns out. Runs good but need to get it dyno'd, Its very touchy on the jetting with the pods (it was a pain to get it right). It does make an awesome sound though with the pods and exhaust.

After the 442 kit I will get it dyno tuned and go 1 up on the front sprocket.

One thing I can say is that 1st gear is so much more usable. The bike will still pull in 6th at 4000rpm, doesn't feel over geared at all, just had to change my shift habits a little.

All in all she is getting there, just need swinger/shock, gsx-r 750 front end, airtech (race) top fairing from the gs500 titan kit, HID projector headlights, seat cowl, 442cc kit, exhaust cam, strip down and repaint. Thanks again everyone for all your help and comments. I know I'm investing about $3000 into this bike (I paid 1500 for her with 13k on the clock by the way), some of you may ask why didn't I just buy a 600, and there is a simple answer to that question. I am short and the bandit fits me like a glove.
Keep The Rubber Side Down!

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline jodyvan

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2007, 08:28:05 AM »
Good on ya brother. I'm a short fella with grandios plans for my bike in the future. I'm jealous and only wish I had the funds to do what you are doing but I'm taking steps to ensure I can in the near future.

I may in fact be in touch with you to see what you did point form list type if only to catch up. Good on ya man keep 'er going!!!

Cheers,
Jody
91 Bandit GSF400VM Japan import

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »
Quote from: "LosAngelesRyder"
All in all she is getting there, just need ......., exhaust cam, .....
why do you want an exhaust cam?
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:48 PM »
I feel the same way about the gearing,it was almost unusable in the stock ratio.I cant get my head around why they made it so damn low.....except maybe to satisfy people who dont know how to ride!?
Sounds like your coming right along,good work.And dont sweat the cost,its all for fun and to satisfy that need to tinker,right? Or else we'd just blow the $$ on brandnew bikes and all be the same!Ive spent a similar amount on my bike,both initial cost and mods,and I couldnt be happier.....despite the fact that Im 6'2" and the Bandit feels like a scooter compared to my big bikes. :bandit:
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »
My bike on standard cogs does run 8000rpm at 80mph in sixth

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »
Quote from: "jodyvan"
Good on ya brother. I'm a short fella with grandios plans for my bike in the future. I'm jealous and only wish I had the funds to do what you are doing but I'm taking steps to ensure I can in the near future.

I may in fact be in touch with you to see what you did point form list type if only to catch up. Good on ya man keep 'er going!!!

Cheers,
Jody

I work 10 hrs a day 7 days a week, thats how I afford the things I do lol. Yea just pm with questions.

Johnny

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 04:29:23 PM »
Quote from: "Banditmax"

Possibly because you have a non us bike. I'm not sure. But I can tell you the 91-92 has a 47 stock rear tooth and the 93 has a 46 rear tooth. So depending on your year and the fact that its not a US model may have something to do with that. And not everybody's speedo is the same (as in not accurate, not that I'm saying my is, but its all I have to go off of). BTW I'm at stock front tooth (for now) and 43 in the rear.

Johnny

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »
Quote from: "Bartjan"
All in all she is getting there, just need ......., exhaust cam, .....
why do you want an exhaust cam?

Well what I meant by that is swapping out the exhaust cam for a intake cam, so I will have two intake cams. It supposedly has a higher lift and longer duration (don't quote me on that). So I'm going to try it. I am about to receive a free intake cam and Its due for a valve adjustment anyways so I'm gonna try it.

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
Quote from: "turbofb"
I feel the same way about the gearing,it was almost unusable in the stock ratio.I cant get my head around why they made it so damn low.....except maybe to satisfy people who dont know how to ride!?
Sounds like your coming right along,good work.And dont sweat the cost,its all for fun and to satisfy that need to tinker,right? Or else we'd just blow the $$ on brandnew bikes and all be the same!Ive spent a similar amount on my bike,both initial cost and mods,and I couldnt be happier.....despite the fact that Im 6'2" and the Bandit feels like a scooter compared to my big bikes. :bandit:

I agree and thats why I went 4 down in the rear. It didn't give me the freeway rpm that I wanted but It did make first more usable. I can't agree on the scooter part though lol. I love my bandit and I'm not gonna get rid of her until they make another like her!!!!!

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 04:44:56 PM »
BTW does anybody know where I can get a timing advance? Or how I can do in electronically?

Johnny

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »
Quote from: "Banditmax"

Possibly because you have a non us bike. I'm not sure. But I can tell you the 91-92 has a 47 stock rear tooth and the 93 has a 46 rear tooth. So depending on your year and the fact that its not a US model may have something to do with that. And not everybody's speedo is the same (as in not accurate, not that I'm saying my is, but its all I have to go off of). BTW I'm at stock front tooth (for now) and 43 in the rear.

Johnny

Nope im on a 47 tooth rear too maybe the primary drive ratios different on non us models?

Offline LosAngelesRyder

• TURBO TYPER!
More power please.
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 05:04:39 PM »
Possibly or maybe your speedo is not giving you the same reading as mine or maybe your tach. Also if you have 1 more tooth in the front then I do, it will give you about the same result. I was just going to go with a new front but my rear did need replacing, so I decided to go down on the rear and if I didnt get what I was looking for ,I was gonna replace the front with 1 tooth up. Which after the bore kit I'm going to.

Me 1991 B4
Her 1996 CBR600F3

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
More power please.
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 05:31:57 PM »
BTW does anybody know where I can get a timing advance? Or how I can do in electronically?

Johnny

you slot the pic up!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
Possibly or maybe your speedo is not giving you the same reading as mine or maybe your tach. Also if you have 1 more tooth in the front then I do, it will give you about the same result. I was just going to go with a new front but my rear did need replacing, so I decided to go down on the rear and if I didnt get what I was looking for ,I was gonna replace the front with 1 tooth up. Which after the bore kit I'm going to.

Got 2 speedos on my bike so doubt its that. and rev counter works fine as the limiter cuts in at 13500 on the tach as its meant to.

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
More power please.
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 01:10:45 AM »
My limiter cuts in at an indicated 14,500 RPM......always thought that was standard for the B4.
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!