Author Topic: Turn signals not blinking  (Read 1804 times)

Offline 97af

• Board Homesteader!
Turn signals not blinking
« on: January 21, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
Ok,Its not the flasher module....They work with the boy racer flush mounts that it came with,CBR900 stock signals and a pair of stock B4 signals that I recently picked up.
The ones that I want to use are a pair of stock Triumph Speed Triple which when wired up do not blink.I took them apart and there is no resistor or any other means of limiting voltage so I'm gonna say its the particular type of bulb used but I need to know why so I can make these work.
FYI,these original Triumph signals are the same exact signals that came in a Baja Designs street legal kit that I purchased for my XR600.They do blink when swapped out on the 600. BTW,Triumph cost per signal...$76.88. Baja Designs replacement....$17.26. Thats one expensive boat ride from England!
Any wisdom for me?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:46:28 PM by 97af »

A good tool lets you forget about the dent it put in your wallet everytime.

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Turn signals not blinking
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
How strange!
I live about one mile from the local Triumph dealer so will ask them for you, will post mora!

Offline 97af

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Turn signals not blinking
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 05:57:35 PM »
Well I figured it out.The 10w bulbs dont draw enough juice to get the flasher relay hot enough to open up.I did some cross referencing and came up with a 18w bulb with the correct bayonet base.Anyway,installed the hotter bulb and we've got working Speed Triple blinkers.

A good tool lets you forget about the dent it put in your wallet everytime.