Author Topic: New seat and pics of my Bandit  (Read 5292 times)

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
New seat and pics of my Bandit
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 03:21:47 PM »
You mentioned that the seat set you back $250. Is that for both front and back? By the way, your bike looks great. I took a 2300 mile trip on the B4 and that seat would have made life much more comfortable. how is the foward slide now?

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »
...$250. Is that for both front and back?

Ya, it is.  Recently I found another place on the web that was doing Motorcycle seat refinishing (somewhere in Washington, sorry I can't find the url) that guy charged twice the price when the seats are two-piece.  Sheesh.

how is the foward slide now?

There is no forward slide and it feels almost perfect.  I haven't taken a long ride yet, that will be real test.

I've done the whole custom seat thing before, two from Corbin and one from Russle Day Long Saddles.  I used to put big miles on my Concours, I know what seems like a perfectly fine seat when sitting in the show room can turn out to be bad at the end of 500 miles.  Although I'm going to hold judgement until then, I think this one is good.

Offline jonboy

• New user!
Reflecter
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 04:54:49 AM »
Good news! I have a reflecter, I'll trade you for that crappy ol header!!!

Seriously though, nice bike!

Offline GooseMan

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.soundwerksaudio.com
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 06:21:49 PM »
How do you like that flyscreen? Easy to fit, with no major modifications? I was thinking of getting the F-16 Sport Shield...

1991 Bandit 400

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »
No, no major (or minor) modifications.  After the first time you mount it, it comes on and off in about 15 minutes.  Very simple.  I considered getting the F16, maybe I should have. I don't know if this is good or bad, but the wife hates it. She thinks the F18 looks like a pair of boobs and doesn't like to ride the bike when I ask her to.  This never even remotely occured to me when I bought the sheild.  Women read so much more into some things than men   :annoy: