Author Topic: New to the Bandit world, shame the bike doesnt work..  (Read 11636 times)

Offline Nige

• Board Regular!
    • http://www.geocities.com/cyphizer
New to the Bandit world, shame the bike doesnt work..
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2005, 08:24:45 PM »
Hey, sorry I haven't replied but I've been away on work. Just come back and I have to say thanks for all the great help.
I've followed Maniacs advise and drained the coolant, you were right about it being rust, not oil like the mechanic had previously told me so thanks!

It seems too much of a coincidence that everything that I have said has happened to you, I'm going to check out the Petcock and see what I can do about it. After removing the plugs and letting everything evaporate the engine turns over fine with lots of liquid spurting out as you said  :sad:
So I think a new petcock is in order. Just to be on the safe side I'm going to get it checked out first but I think you have really hit it on the head.

Thanks all of you guys, a real life saver, just saved me up to £450 on nothing!!! It's a shame people think they can rip you off like that now-a-days, they just see someone who is trying to get into the motorbike world and learn and take advantage. But that's life i guess  :roll:

Great site, great people, thanks alot.

Nige (I'll update you guys on how it goes, I'm sure once I get the beast running again I'll be tinkering away, who knows in a years time maybe I'll be the one giving advice  :grin: )

:thanks:
'15,000 rpm...thats not legal is it?'