Author Topic: Petcock ~yes, again ~ yes I've read most of the search items  (Read 2346 times)

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Petcock ~yes, again ~ yes I've read most of the search items
« on: March 24, 2006, 09:27:51 PM »
Okay, so I finally got arround to working on the bike today (drained the carbs and filled them wtih Yamaha Carb Cleaner to soften up the crud I Know I'll find).  Anyway, I was draining the old gas from the tank and noticed that the petcock lever was in a hard to access position, and only had an on and off.  Checked the manual and fiche to see that this isn't stock and headed over here to do some searching.  I gather that this bike had the failure that so many others have had, and someone just replaced it with a no-brainer, straight forward item.  Thing is, that won't work for my wife (she can ride, but doesn't really want to take part in a precedure past "key in, on, clutch in and thumb starter")....  so a replacement is necessary....

And my main question, are ALL Bandit petcocks the same?  How about all modern Suzukis (in terms of mounting)?  Just looking for a cheaper (ebay) alternative to buying new since I don't have a local Suzuki dealer.  I couldn't find an answer (probably just missed it burried in a topic I skimmed or didn't open).  Thanks
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://home.comcast.net/~jeffgundry/
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 12:16:33 PM »
I'm not sure what the rest have, but the stock B4 petcock has 'ON' and 'RES', and if you remove a screw, prime.  Vacuum shuts it off, and the line should be comming from the left intake boot between the carb and cylinder head.  

I'd say just throw a stock B4 petcock on there and call it good.  When they work, it's a good system.  I found mine for ~$65 at www.mrcycles.com .
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:15:45 AM »
rough guess but i would say 92 ish gixxer would fit
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:46:05 AM »
I'm just going to buy new...  screw it, I want to do things right and not have to worry about a used part failing.  I'm up to $250 in parts in my cart right now...  trying to think of other crap to add so it's just 1 order with 1 shipping cost.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400