Author Topic: No spark??  (Read 8860 times)

Offline Mick77

• Board Homesteader!
Re: No spark??
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »
oh, just read my last post.. "hoser" - Strange Brew.. its a classic, and warped me a little
Hey Bandit.. whaddya say we bury the hatchet....... in your Tank!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 09:03:53 PM »
Sorry man...  I didn't describe it well...  When you pull the big, black plastic cover off the top of the carb (like trying to get at the needle and diaphram...), there's a hole facing you.  THAT'S where the little "bugger" goes!  If you go to bikebandit.com and pull up the carb schematic for the 93 B4, it's #29.

BTW - "Take Off" with Getty Lee.... Phenomenal song! 
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Mick77

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2008, 02:21:59 AM »
Oh, yeah, that part.  That all went back together ok.  I think when I saw that other thread regarding the hat thingy being on the wrong side of the needle, and someone mentioning an 0-ring I just was grasping at any glimmer of hope for resolution I could find.  I decided to screw the adjustment screw on that carb back to 2.5 turns out and see what happens.  I mean, whats the worst that could happen.... it not run right?  sheesh.  I'll crank it in the morning and see what happens, then post after I cage my way to work.  I also put a full charge on the battery today for grins.  What I was thinking with the adjustment screw was this: I have some semblance of spark.  I have gas on my sparkplug.  So maybe it's just drowning?... I know, thats kinda dumb, but it's what I'm reduced to at this point.  THat screw was like 4 turns out.  I screwed it all the way in to check, then took it back out 2.5.   who knows eh? 

"Take off"  that's another of my favorites, lol.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2008, 12:18:24 AM »
Hello???  How'd you make out???? Hope your out riding! 
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Mick77

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 11:43:17 AM »
Sorry guys, busy weekend.  Spent some time fiddling with the bike and getting it all back together and... It fired on all 4!!  I was so happy, but couldnt run it without a new gasket on the valve cover.  So I took it all back apart and re-aligned the gasket (it was off in one spot, causing it to leak terribly), put it all back together, and in my excitement, fouled the plugs on 2&3 by starting and killing !!!!!!!!!!!  Cripes!  I spent last night cleaning up 4 plugs and put them back in, but didnt start it at all.  When I get home I'm going to start it and ride it and get it good and hot to see what happens.  When I started it up the first time and it ran on all 4, it was really rough, so I'm thinking I need new plugs, carb synch, and possibly an adjustment for its rich condition.  Some oil came off of it when I ran it down the road (on the second start after putting it together again, when I had 2 bad plugs) but I think that was just residual oil heating up and coming off of the motor where it had leaked.... we shall see.  I'll post up again tonite when the verdict is in. :yikes:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 12:32:05 PM »
That gasket is a pain in the ass.  Sounds like you're getting there...  Cool!   :bigok:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Mick77

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »
Hopefully, this is going to put an end to this topic.  I cranked it with the new plugs, and it ran, so I ran it.  Had I gone any further, I would have run out of gas AGAIN :annoy:  but I caught it in time.  Funny how you forget the simple stuff.  Gasket held, no leaky, all cylinders firey, just a little on the sluggish side in power, but I figure that has something to do with the mixture being off, and maybe needing to be synched up?  Without having a meter to check the synchronization of the carbs, is there anything I can do to help it out?  Also, how do I know for sure wether its too rich/ too lean?  Gotta pull the plugs again and look at em?  Arg, I'm ready for this to end.... I'm soooo close.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 08:24:40 PM »
the simplest carb synch tool is a piece of clear tubing with some oil in it. The oil should pull level in a loop dropping down from the carbs...

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »
fuel screw are for idle and just off idle just a fyi :stickpoke:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Mick77

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 01:53:45 AM »
I'm gonna start a new thread for my new issue.  If it's not necessary, let me know, and I will just continue here.  I think we're almost there.