Author Topic: b4 exhaust modification  (Read 4014 times)

Offline workinonit

• Board Regular!
b4 exhaust modification
« on: May 21, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »
i chopped about 6-7 inches off my stock can and rewelded the part that the end cap colts to sounds great and runs and idles just like before, mint, im painting it tomarrow and will try to get pics, anyone else ever mod their stock pipe

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Re: b4 exhaust modification
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »
Not the stock Bandit pipe. I've bought a Kawasaki ZX-6R '03 end can and a '05 link pipe. Shortened the end can and now I have a nice high-mount exhaust. I'm going to make a 100 mm long mid-silencer though, just after the collector, because it's way too loud now.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »
I've put the stock can back on because I'm going to Germany next weekend. They are very strict about exhaust noise, if they catch you with a race pipe you'll have to arrange transport or a stock can, otherwise the bike won't move an inch.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »
Bloody hell that swingarm makes your rear end high.

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 03:52:44 AM »
I was about to comment about that swingarm as well. Not the stock swingarm.... where u get that ?
1990 GSF250 - Stock items with lots of parts need to cleaned and changed

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:43:48 AM »
what's the ride like with the suspension front back and swing arm mods ?

:bigok: loving the high pipe  :thumb:
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »
The swingarm is off a RGV 250. I run ZX-9R aluminium dog bones which are 185 mm heart distance instead of 195 stock. I had to do this because I was dragging my pegs and sidestand around every corner I found. The sidestand made me crash once because the bike lifted the rear wheel up and the tire couldn't find grip fast enough after that :roll: Compared to a GSX-R model the rear is about the same height I guess. The ride is quite good for a bike that was never made to race. BT-016 tires help a lot too, the best I've ever had on the street.

Oh and the belly pan is gone now. Yesterday I dragged those crash bobbins a bit too long and it lifted the rear wheel once again, except this time the tire did get grip again. Anyway, the bobbin almost broke off and I'm missing a piece of the belly pan now :annoy:

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 11:31:37 AM »
where have you got the crash bobbins secured to on the bike and which kind ?
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 11:40:35 AM »
They are custom made. I got them from eBay together with the belly pan. They are attached to the engine where the stock crash bars can be mounted. But that would not work during a crash as I've broken one off just by dragging it, alright I've put two thirds of the bike's weight on it in a corner, and then it broke :rofl:

Offline digitaldan

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »
RGV swingarm looks good but I will go for a shorty GP style exhaust  :trustme:

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
Good luck because you will need to make some kind of silencer, for which there is no room. Second problem is ground clearance. The only way to do it is to use a GSXR 400 GK76 oil pan and make the silencer box where the collector should be. Or no silencer... but then the bad guys hear you coming from miles away :rant2:

Offline digitaldan

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »
No I mean keep the stock headers and rear section. Just cut the stock silencer en replace wit a Yoshi shorty or stubby whatever they are called. Guys use them on the K6 K7 GSXR's.