Author Topic: Physical bandit size?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Physical bandit size?
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:49:07 PM »
Just wondering if I can stuff one of these things in my truck with a topper on the back (it's a big topper, FWIW ~ 47" near the back and 42" up by the back of the cab).  I don't mind loading a bike in backwards or removing things like the mirrors, or even the tail section if needed.

Thanks!  (it's a long drive to go pick up the one I'm about to buy and I'd Rather have the shell on the truck so I can sleep in the back).

Brian M
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Physical bandit size?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 07:16:19 PM »
Not counting the bars (which can be removed pretty easily) the tallest thing is the gauges.  On my bike, they're about 41 inches.  You can save a couple inches from that by dropping the triples.  If you're REALLY stuck for space, you could remove the cap, and then strap it down compressing the suspension.  Hope that helps.  :welcome:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline mtbcrazy

• TURBO TYPER!
    • My 1992 Bandit
Physical bandit size?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
Hey Brian!

I know that it will fit in the back of a Toyota Previa van!  That is how I got mine home.

MTBCrazy

http://www.RideAnalyzer.com <= Bicyclist?  How much do you really ride?  More than last year?  Faster than last year?

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Physical bandit size?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 11:43:55 AM »
Yeah, but vans can have more space than trucks with caps/shells!  

I'm not worried about it now...  my camper shell has more than enough space and I can easily pull parts to Make it fit (thinking bars/mirrors are going to be it.)

But thanks to you both.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400