Author Topic: Carb Issues and Questions  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
Carb Issues and Questions
« on: March 25, 2006, 11:14:36 PM »
Well, I snapped my throttle cable off at the carbs last week.  Got it all pulled apart got the cable out, rigged up a new cable and went to install.  Had to take the 2 carbs off on the left side so I could get the cable stay back on.  Once I got it all back together I fired it up and it sounds like it's only running on 2 or 3 cylinders.  I think it's possible that I didn't get all of the carbs on completely.  Is there a diagram somewhere that shows the carb setup and how all of the springs work.  I had a couple fall out and can't figure out where they go.  I already have the service manual but can't seem to find anything in it helpful.

Thanks
Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:03:06 AM »
Anyone that ever wants to send there carbs to me , ( I fix ,small fee, send back run good) cheers
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:19:35 AM »
How much would it cost for you to rebuild them.  And do you have any idea what the shipping would be from Florida?  Also, what's the turn around time.  I know they need some work, but I'm a little tight on time right now.

Also, didn't you have a tranny you were selling, or was that Pitter?

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:24:26 AM »
Quote from: "Ronrdrcr"
How much would it cost for you to rebuild them.  And do you have any idea what the shipping would be from Florida?  Also, what's the turn around time.  I know they need some work, but I'm a little tight on time right now.

Ron

Not me.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:25:26 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Anyone that ever wants to send there carbs to me , ( I fix ,small fee, send back run good) cheers

Good idea, Jay.  You shoulda been doing this all along.   :bigok:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 12:48:05 AM »
Quote from: "Ronrdrcr"

Ron

i think air mail is like 2-4 days  shouldn't cost more than 10-20 to ship depending on what you did 30-50 dollars labor cause you split the bank apart plus shipping back , (what you get is them all cleaned , orings checked fuel screws adjusted , floats adjusted  or i call you with a list of problems i see and we figure out what you wanna do about parts , i got unlimited long distance in US and canada) Any parts i dont have or cant find with out going to the dealership are extra! But generally I'm not trying to make money just help a brother out! 2-4 days to me 2 days to look at 2-4 days to ship back unless something drastically is wrong!

25 to any one that just need theres cleaned, plus orings and shipping

yes i have a ton of transmissions in good shape , going to be going through my stock ppile and having a garage sale as I am moving to new house all week, what a good time to go through the garage.

cheers let me know if this works for you!
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 12:53:35 AM »
Works great for me, just can't do it right now.  In the process of selling a house.  Once it get's sold I'm thinking of buying a Ducati monster and restoring the bandit for the wife.  And days when I miss the bike.  I'll let you know.  I might end up getting one of those trannies from you pretty soon though, second gear is almost completely useless.  I believe you told me before $150 shipped, is that correct?

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »
As an FYI you don't need to split the carbs to install the throttle cable... all you need is a pair of needle nose pliers and 1 hour of cursing...
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 12:55:45 AM »
I was installing a rigged cable in the hopes of riding the bike home until my replacement cable could be ordered and installed.  I also had a limited supply of tools at the time.  I will try to keep that in mind when my new cable comes in, even though I still need to check out the carbs.

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 12:57:16 AM »
yes sir , but you will have to buy some shift forks the b4 is notorious for bad shift forks and more than likely i would say it is the second gear shift fork that goes bad i have obout 4 engines and a bunch of gixxer 4 engines and a 76 engine and they all use the same shift forks and the same damn shift fork was bad in 90% of what i got! but like i said what was junk i threw out and i only keep the good ! so when ever you need a tranny just email me bro cheers!

Offline bonobandit4

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 11:28:23 AM »
$25!?  I know your time is worth more than that!  That's a very kind offer.  I'd take you up on that, except I'd really like to sit and watch you work.  My friends dad is an old Harley mechanic, and a "carb wizard" from what I'm told.  I'm going to bribe him with a case of Miller to let me watch him clean up my Mikunis...   :beers:

From what I can see now, they're fairly clean.  However, there must be some sediment in there because I couldn't get an open drain on any of them to drain the bowls.

P.S.  There was water in there too.  :sad:   You can always tell the way water beads.  Fuel doesn't do that.
I've actually read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.... it sucked!

Brian
93 Bandit w/ full Yoshi 4-2-1 and jets
1968 AMC Javelin - Made in WI baby!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 01:08:25 PM »
Oh yea my time is worth more than $25.00 I usually charge $60.00 per hour to work on stuff . But in all reality it only takes me 15 minutes to go through carbs like that (cleaned , inspected and put back together, and tested) so really if it helps people out i dont mind.  
Just a WARNING harley carb(1) bandit 400 carbs(4) and orings. and the knowledge of those carbs and there issues! just a thought.

cheers
jay

Offline bonobandit4

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 06:01:27 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Just a WARNING harley carb(1) bandit 400 carbs(4) and orings. and the knowledge of those carbs and there issues! just a thought.

cheers
jay

hmmm, was thinking about this... I'll ask him if he's comfortable with them, I know he's worked on plenty of imports too.  Otherwise, maybe I'll send these off to Canton.   :bigok:
I've actually read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'.... it sucked!

Brian
93 Bandit w/ full Yoshi 4-2-1 and jets
1968 AMC Javelin - Made in WI baby!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 07:38:06 PM »
cool not a problem , im always here!