Author Topic: Parts Interchange  (Read 4121 times)

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Parts Interchange
« on: August 24, 2005, 04:37:45 PM »
Because bandit 400 parts are so hard to find, does anyone know any interchangeable parts between a 400 and 600, or any other bike for that matter??

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
Parts Interchange
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 04:48:34 PM »
What kind of parts are you looking for?

2008 GSXR-750

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Parts Interchange
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
mostly body parts, front fairing, rear hugger, and aftermarket accessories to make it a little different

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
Parts Interchange
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 05:25:46 PM »
Hmm, not sure on the plastics.

I'm pretty sure any aftermarket front fairing or windscreen with a 6.5" opening for the headlight will fit. Buell Blast screens bolt right on, I've heard.

If you find a -real- Bandit 400 front fairing, grab it up quick. They are uber-rare. I've heard of some people grafting Ninja 500 bodywork on, but then, I'm sure you can fit just about anything to it if you know how to work fiberglass.

There isn't a huge aftermarket for the Bandit 400 anymore, not sure if there ever was. Occasionally you can find bits on Ebay, though.

You might try checking out Wild Hair Accessories. I don't have their link handy at work, but they used to have some fairings and rearsets that'd fit.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Parts Interchange
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 11:00:52 PM »
ebay right now plastic for sale
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Parts Interchange
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 06:17:30 AM »
On the fairing...

First Todd, I think it's a 7" headlight.  There are a bunch of fly screen options.  The cheapest is to get one from Buell - either a blast ot Lightning.  Holeshot makes one just like the Lightening, too.  That's what I have.  Wild Hair, Streetfighters USA, Streetfighters By Design and a bunch of other places have cool (and weird) streetfighter fairings.  Search ebay for Streetfighter Fairing or Cafe Racer and you'll find some interesting stuff usually.  Do a global search of this enire board (not just the 400) for "Streetfighter" and I think you'll see some varying options, too.

Have fun!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Parts Interchange
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 04:08:35 PM »
A bit pricey, but good-looking aftermarket fairing for the '400:

http://www.rifle.com/Motorcycle/Suzuki/srchbike.cfm?&DID=9&BikeNo=1091&Motorcycle=1993_Suzuki_GSF400_(Bandit)

I almost bought one of these, but opted instead for a larger National Cycle F-15. The F-15 isn't really meant for the '400, but it fits "right" with a steep rake, or "wrong" with a useful one (as I did). I had to create a "blind" to keep the headlight that was being reflected back to me from blinding me at night.

Transform the handling, tho. I used to get my ass kicked at 60mph or higher by wind buffeting, but now I slice right through.

National Cycle also makes the smaller F-16 SPORT SHIELD that is more in line with sportbike fairings.

http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/FramesetSportShields.html

Offline suparobb

• Board Regular!
rotors?
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 10:10:50 AM »
are there any other interchangable parts for the front brake rotor?

i know you can switch the rear brake rotor with a bit older gsx katana and gs500.

thanks!

Offline wyntrblue

• Board Homesteader!
Parts Interchange
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 10:30:16 AM »
this thread gives me an idea, as parts are so hard to locate for our 400's and we know that some parts are a direct swap for other bikes, i think it would be worth compiling a list what parts can be swapped for what, if you get my meaning..... what do you guys think?

Offline b4cruz

• Board Homesteader!
Re: rotors?
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 04:55:59 PM »
Quote from: "suparobb"
are there any other interchangable parts for the front brake rotor?

i know you can switch the rear brake rotor with a bit older gsx katana and gs500.

thanks!

http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=1805&highlight=rear+brake