Author Topic: Rev limit @ 10 000 - Surely this isn't right?  (Read 7328 times)

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
Re: Rev limit @ 10 000 - Surely this isn't right?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »
i was thinking few days ago  where's Chris...  :duh:

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
Im super busy at the moment moving all my stuff into a new workshop (garage) and building a yoshi rep gsxr4.
@ nick, is the green/yellow wire from the cdi connected to the gear sensor, it's under the seat and have a good look at the large relay on the right rear subframe (not the signal one), this gets a load of water thrown at it and can give VVC problems.

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
very nice Chris, busy my self.. but not with bike..new roof in oct then bike back in.. finish front and fit  s/arm just received.

Offline Nick V

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 05:13:18 AM »
Hey hey guys, I've been away from the PC for some time; also busy wrestling with fuel-injection issues on my BMW streetfighter...
I'll take a look at eerything mentioned, and get back with feedback soonest! Thanks for all the suggestions.  :thumb:

Offline Nick V

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »
The bike's owner and I finally got the time to dive in and investigate today. Two findings:

1. The VVC solenoid on top of the cylinder head doesn't seem to be working. Applying 12V current  gives sparks at the terminals, but there is no 'click' from the solenoid at all.

2. The previous guy to service the bike (A) used the wrong spark plugs, and (B) over-tightened them. I pulled out four CR8E plugs, and had to make a special plan when the plug on cylinder 4 snapped between the threaded portion and the crush gasket.

It's Sunday, so can't really do anything about it now. Tomorrow, I'll be installing CR9EIX plugs (these are the fine-wire iridium-electrode 'premium' version of both CR9E and CR9EK).

Does anyone know if it's possible to open up the VVC solenoid for repair?

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »
Hi Nick,

If you check the oil valve you need to connect the 12v one way only, carnt remember the coluor of the wires but darker one of the two is the neutral. You can also check the resistance of the valve with a ohm meter and readings are 14.7 ohm +/- 0.5 ohms. Ive pulled one apart before but theres little inside as its basically a winding thats energized by 12v and pulls a shaft in and out opening and closing a oil way.