Author Topic: A/F screws?  (Read 2301 times)

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
A/F screws?
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:22:08 PM »
What is everyone setting their A/F screws to?  The manual calls for 1 1/2 doesn't it, I heard it's best at 2 1/2, This might be my problem, all of mine were at 1 1/2.  We'll see.  So far, I put 1000 miles on the bike since I've resurrected it from the dead zone.  She runs great, but doesn't idle to good.
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline onenicebandit

• TURBO TYPER!
A/F screws?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 10:44:52 PM »
OK!!! I set the A/F screws to 2 1/2 turns out, slapped her back together with new union rubbers and ala-ka-ZAM.  Idling at 1400 all day long.  This bike is back to new!  I couldn't have brought this thing back to life without all of the input that I've received on this board.  It's awesome to have a set of guys (and gals) that know what they are talking about.  My bike runs great now, just like the day it was new I'm sure.  Now all I gotta do is get together with some other B4 owners and go for a ride.  Anyone close to central PA?
06 KTM 250 SXF <My>
92 Bandit 400 <Runs>

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
A/F screws?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 12:57:33 AM »
:banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Cewl, man!

There are a couple B6/12 guys up near Bloomsburg.  It seems there is a guy or two (I forget which size B) down towards Altoona somewhere.  If you want to drag the B4 out to Long Pond, I'll be at Pocono Oct 8th or in Wampum at BeaveRun the last weekend in Oct.

BTW - to answer your question, the manual says in one place that the standard A/F setting is 1.75 turns out.  In another it says that they are set at the factory and that you should never touch them.   :monkeymoon:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7