Author Topic: RGV250N front end?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
RGV250N front end?
« on: April 04, 2007, 05:20:14 PM »
Hi all,

Firstly, thankyou Stormi for getting the board back up and running. Muchos Obligados.

Secondly...

I've been keeping an eye out for a gsxr750 front end down my way, without much luck. Ebay isn't really an option as the shipping cost to here more or less double the price.

However, a '92 RGV250N front end has turned up locally. USD forks, same year as my bandit.

Does anyone know anything about these?

Would it more or less bolt straight on? Would it be better, performance-wise? worse?

Cheers,

Rich

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
RGV250N front end?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 06:54:44 PM »
The RGV250 was a lighter bike so you may have to preload the springs a bit more to make them work better with the higher weight of the b4. They are good forks though you dont see many rgv's with new forks fitted so they must work well. They are also a popular upgrade for rd350's so they seem to be an alright fork.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
RGV250N front end?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 01:05:06 PM »
RGV forks are shorter than the Bandit forks. The steering stem is different too. I'd go for a GSXR 750 fork, especially because that one has compression and rebound damping. Another advantage of the GSXR is that you can run a 120/70 tire.

Although the RGV fork is not a bad one, a friend of mine fitted it to his GS 500. But still, no damping adjusters and a 3 inch front rim.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
RGV250N front end?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 01:12:31 PM »
is that all rgv's that have a differnt stem and no adjuster or just some and are you sure they are all 3" rims? I do agree with you on the front end swap seems to be the easiest route to go.
cheers
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol