Author Topic: I finally got my full license!  (Read 2710 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
I finally got my full license!
« on: July 02, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
We've got a graduated licensing system in canada.... so after 5 years of riding I was forced to do the final test (or go back to the beginning)... and I passed. The little bandit was the perfect little bike... only 2 out of 4 of passed from my class... it's pretty stressful driving with an instructor following you in a car... anyways next time I have to do a test is when I turn 80.... so it'll be a while.

Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
Re: I finally got my full license!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:34:15 PM »
Congratz!!!  :thumb:

Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 08:07:27 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's fantastic.... good on you for following protocol ( :duh:) and using a superior machine to do it with....   :rofl: :thumb:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
 :congrats:

Now, just be careful to remember what you've learned!   :bandit:
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 12:02:49 AM »
 Good work!   :congrats: 

If I'm still on a bike at 80 . . . . . . . . . . . I won't bother with any more testing . . . . or plates . . . .  or whatever else I don't feel like doing. You can get away with it at 80.

G

Offline erik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »
So does that mean it's time for a bigger bike?

Here in NZ we have a graduated system as well. You have to have a Learners license then a Restricted license before getting your full and are limited to 250cc or less bikes till your full. I also had the testing agent follow in a car, for my restricted I had to keep an eye on his indicators to see where he wanted me to go which wasn't easy. For my full license they gave me a one-way radio so he could tell me instructions.

Offline icemakk

• Board Homesteader!
    • My web site
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »
Congrats on getting your license!! :congrats:
A tip from a rider that has been around a bit longer and I am sure others will echo these
1- all other motorists are idiots ride accordingly. Expect moronic behaviour. Watch the driver's head motions and watch them in their mirror for clues as to what surprise they will do next
2- you are invisible to these idiots no matter how bright your lights are or how loud your bike is
3- these idiots will try to hit you even though they may not be aware of their stupidity
4- never ignore the little voice in your head that says "this may be a bad idea" and stay within your own personal limits
5- ride at your own pace and avoid riding with others that want to push you to fast
6- get out of the city and stay on the back roads for the best rides
7- do not be afraid to do a long trip on back roads to really get a feel for your bike. One duffle bag is all you need for an over night jaunt. Make sure you have proper rain gear for such a ride...just in case
8- be an ATGATT rider cuz road rash is about as cool as disco clothing
9- on busy roads riding in groups can make you more visible for safety
10- have fun!! All the rest means nothing unless you are having fun!!
See you out on the roads
Once I thought I was wrong...but I was mistaken.