Author Topic: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH Im facken dieing I need to ride!!!!!!!  (Read 4902 times)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH Im facken dieing I need to ride!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 09:51:16 PM »
I knew right away what that was a picture of because it looks just like mine :lol:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 09:34:07 AM »
Blimey that really is bad! And to think it's only November!!

However i suppose the difference being that you get much harsher winters than we do here in the UK.
I wish we had some snow, although come to think of it doesnt make riding much fun.
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4
'00 GSF 600 Bandit Y - Used for parts
'95 GSF 400 Bandit - smashed :'(

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 01:49:09 PM »
Blimey that really is bad! And to think it's only November!!

However i suppose the difference being that you get much harsher winters than we do here in the UK.
I wish we had some snow, although come to think of it doesnt make riding much fun.

Believe it or not, this isn't bad yet,.. I can still see some pavement on the driveway (well I could til it started snowing again today) and the snow mounds aren't all that high yet.  

The bad part is that this is very early in the year to have the cold temps that we have.  The "normal" high we should be seeing here is just below 0C, it's -17C (about 1.4F) here and has been cold since October.  

Wait til January and February!  Then it's usually really interesting to see here. The way the snow is coming, I expect we may yet have another one of those "tunnel through the front yard and build snow forts" type of years.  Got another inch of snow in the forecast today.

I'm thinking of taking the video camera out and strapping it to the dash and letting ya all see what drving is like here this time of year.   :shock:  :lol:
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
I knew right away what that was a picture of because it looks just like mine :lol:

I had a feeling you would recognise it.  :wink:   I also noticed it in your avatar. I saw that before your location.  I thought,.. hey.,. some poor slob going through withdrawls just like me!  :motorsmile:

Of course you're braver than me though to wheel that thing out onto the snow for pics.  We had a lot of rear plastic destroyed by trying to move the B4 in the snow a couple of years back.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 04:57:17 PM »
The bad part is that this is very early in the year to have the cold temps that we have.  The "normal" high we should be seeing here is just below 0C, it's -17C (about 1.4F) here and has been cold since October.  

It's sunny and 67 here today, with sunny and and 70+ projected for the next couple days.  So, I'll be able to ride to the hockey games the next couple nights without having a lot of excess gear to take off in the warm interiors of the arena.

PS:  Happy (American) Thanksgiving.  Thank god ours doens't come as early as yours, or the Christmas shopping season would last twice as long!
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 11:07:21 PM »
It's sunny and 67 here today, with sunny and and 70+ projected for the next couple days.  So, I'll be able to ride to the hockey games the next couple nights without having a lot of excess gear to take off in the warm interiors of the arena.

Alright, that does it,.. we're moving in with you!  :monkeymoon:

PS:  Happy (American) Thanksgiving.  Thank god ours doens't come as early as yours, or the Christmas shopping season would last twice as long!

LOL!  Actually, I usually wait til long after even your thanksgiving to start.   This year I have to wait til we finish re-financing the house.  Most painful thing I've done since the first time we financed it.  I'm starting to think this house is financially jinxed.   I suspect that will mean christmas shopping on Dec 24th.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 12:28:10 AM »
Whats a Brass Monkey

My understanding is it's a cannon ball holder... when the temp would drop the cannon balls would shrink and fall off the holder.

What I don't know is what is Brass Tax???
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.