Author Topic: Seen Mr. Smooth Rob pitter at the beav.  (Read 4031 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Seen Mr. Smooth Rob pitter at the beav.
« on: October 22, 2006, 08:08:27 PM »
Verey nice person to meet, taller than me though but most are LOL road in conditions that i wouldnt even ride in and verey smooth from what i seen! great job brother nice to finally put a face with the name!
cheers
Jay

I was really pleased with the profesionalizum of NESBA and i will be seeing you next year at a track!  :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »
Thanks, bro.  Good to meet you, too.  Too bad the weather didn't cooperate.  The track was actually pretty grippy with my DOTs given the temps (40s) and the dampness.  It started raining again as we were pulling out at about 1:30.  Too bad you couldn't come yesterday.  Great conditions.  You would have had fun mixing it up with the other guys with me running 1:00s.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Racerruss-ducati

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 10:26:28 PM »
I take it you had some bad weather.

We had great weather at VIR on Saturday (I think we had this same discussion in March!!!)  Had a blast.  I agree with you, Jay, NESBA is first rate all the way.  This was the VIR Patriot track.  The entire track was 2nd and 3rd gear.  It wore my "office sittin" ass out.  Gives me some incentive for working out this winter.

You can check out a few pics at this location:

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/racerruss-ducati/
'96 Ducati 900 SP street
'04 Yamaha R6 track

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 10:33:18 PM »
Lookin' good, Russ.  Glad you had a good trip.  All 2nd and 3rd???  Damn, that must be tight.  Beaver is only 1.5 mi but I still don't get down into 2nd!  I did get two good sessions in today.  Jay just didn't want to risk it on slicks.  I ran every session yesterday.  Had a friggen ball.  I'm bummed my season is over.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Racerruss-ducati

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 10:49:52 PM »
Patriot is 1.1 miles long, I was turning 55 second lap times.  There is absolutely no place to rest on the track, you are always either hanging off, switching sides, leaning over the windshield to keep from wheelying (sp?), anything except sitting on your arse and resting.  I am still beat!!!

Post up some pics of da Beav if you got em.

Later, Russ
'96 Ducati 900 SP street
'04 Yamaha R6 track

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:53 AM »
I don't have any pics uploaded yet.  Here are a couple someone took on Saturday.  Google won't let you hot link so here are the regular links (I'm in the red, white and black leathers):

http://picasaweb.google.com/camerahog/Motorcycle02/photo?authkey=Nc8INMiv7S4N2nNBfq6xWxyXZzU#4988524093234216978

http://picasaweb.google.com/camerahog/Motorcycle02/photo?authkey=Nc8INMiv7S4N2nNBfq6xWxyXZzU#4988524253488939026
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »
Holy crap... gotta relax that outside arm!!!  I keep telling myself that.  Sure as shit wasn't here...

Looks like a death grip on that outside bar.  Dammit!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Racerruss-ducati

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 07:30:20 PM »
That's some nice lookin style.  Did you ask a CR about getting bumped to "I", it looks like you are more than ready.

Hope we can hook up next year.  I might be willing to meet you at Summit if you can get away.  I am hoping to get in 10-12 days next year.

Later,
Russ
'96 Ducati 900 SP street
'04 Yamaha R6 track

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:27 PM »
nice pic i like the elbows out style
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 08:10:32 PM »
I was beggin' for a bump, Russ.  I was passing everyone (except the new guy from Germany that signed up for the wrong class - belonged in A).  I had good lines.  Dragged my damn knee the whole way around the track.  Worked with CRs every session both days.  No dice.  I'll def be at Summit at least a couple times next year.  I'll need to get bumped before we meet there.   :lol:   Will you be able to take a vaca day?  They only run the main course on Fridays and Mondays.  I'll give Jefferson a try but Main is way cool.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Racerruss-ducati

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 08:25:59 PM »
I should be able to take a day off.  The schedule isn't out yet, but I am thinking during the summer (June, July) for that track, it is too hot around here during that period.  I am going to try and make Barber in April and, of course, I will do all of the VIR days I can.  Like Summit, they only run the North course (AMA course) on Mondays, so I will have to take a day off for that too.  We'll stay in touch once the schedule comes out in January.

Later,
'96 Ducati 900 SP street
'04 Yamaha R6 track

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 06:46:48 AM »
I'll be sure to be signed up for next year,I want to play too. :motorsmile:  Bike hasn't  even seen pavement in awhile,been busy workin' round the clock latley. I was looking at the southern tracks that they run, but it would be hard for me to get away to Atlanta w/ my bike, instead of somewhere my wife might want to go. But its still floating around in my head.   Dan

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 09:31:17 AM »
Hey Dan - if your wife likes quaint little historical towns, take her to Summit.  The town there (Charlestown, I think) is cute.  It wouldn't be a hateful ride for you, either.  

Another pic...

Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 02:14:37 PM »
I'll be going to summit! Rob after watching you ride if i was a control rider i would have bumped you to Inter. Wish i could have rode but im verey happy with a credit. You have to come to nelsons tho verey fast track! great layout.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »
Yeah, I was disappointed not getting bumped.  I know I can ride in Int.  Now that I’m a lot more confident passing, the traffic in B doesn’t bother me quite so much.  I just roll around them in the braking zone.  I can’t believe how that little Honda brakes!  I did a couple 100+ MHP stoppies!   :shock:

Nelsons sounds cool.  I really want to ride Mid-Ohio, too.  Maybe I could somehow work them into the same trip.  

So, where the heck is our other racer – Garyola?  I haven’t seen him on here in ages.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7