Author Topic: Have i wasted my money ????  (Read 2559 times)

Offline anglichanin

• New user!
Have i wasted my money ????
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:27:23 AM »
Really quick one. I have had interminable probs with my 91 B400 carbs, just can't stop pot 2 leaking. Anyway i thought the easy fix would be to swap out the whole carbs set so purchased what i thought was an identical set (have already changed gaskets and petcock to no avail). Now here's the thing - the replacement (secondhand) set are from a variable valve B400 whereas mine is standard.  The only difference i can SEE is that the new ones have some kind of electricky string hanging off the side (love the tech speak eh)  :duh:  
Question is am i wasting my time and money or can i use the new set?

Thanks in advance for ur help

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »
I'm sorry I'm not able to answer your main question.  Hopefully someone else will.  But, other than just the electrical conection, you must consider all of the other jet sizes as well as the neeldles.  The variable valve has the potential of being very different.  

Did you see this.

The carbs never did sell and they were only $50 (!).  Maybe he'd post them again.  Did you check the float valves in your leaking carbs?  That too has the potential of causing a leak.  Inspection if this is outlined in the manual.

Offline anglichanin

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »
Thanks for that Duane - funny u should mention the carbs on ebay - i emailed and asked the guy for a "buy it now price" but never got a reply - they were taken off ebay with 2 days left to go on the auction so i assume he has actually sold them. Shame because they are exactly what i need, look immaculate too. What makes you think they never sold? I will try mailing him again but don't hold out too much hope. Anyway thanks again for the reply - i am hoping that my local suzi dealers can "califudge" one good set of carbs from the two - yeah - long shot i know but i gotta admit i  got a soft spot for my little bandit))

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:16 PM »
throttle position sensor check jet sizes between the 2 and go for it!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline anglichanin

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 11:34:34 AM »
Thanks for the help guys. Contacted the seller of the earlier mentioned carbs - unfortunately a guy from isreal bought the carbs along with another 45 or so parts as a job lot :-(  Seller was very helpful though - dont hesitate to deal with him).
Bike goes in tomorrow - wish me luck !!!