Author Topic: Spark doesn't show  (Read 21518 times)

Offline banditcilik

• Board Homesteader!
Spark doesn't show
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2005, 11:30:04 PM »
I really doubt that my problem is caused by fuel/air problem. Just before I do anything to the CDI I started the bike and it was OK, except for time consuming cranks it took to start.
Now I already got two capacitors replaced but the engine is still difficult to reach higher RPM. It starts instantly though.
I checked the sparks and wow it is clearly stronger than it was before.
I'm not yet installing new transistors since I just found out that it is quite expensive.

Offline badidou

• TURBO TYPER!
Spark doesn't show
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2005, 12:30:39 AM »
Is your byke working only with 2 cyl?

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
Spark doesn't show
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2005, 06:18:21 AM »
I have check with a local electronic shop, the transistor on the CDI board is D1976 made by Hitachi and the direct replacement for D1976 is BU806. :beers:

This was check on their catalogue book, so its not hoax, however I am skeptical he told me BU806 is better than D1976. :blahblah:

Things I have change on my spare CDI board are

Capacitors

47uF35v (85deg c)  - 2pcs
10uF40v (105 deg c) - 2pcs

10uF25v (85deg c) - 1pc near the kokusan

Transistor
BU806 - 2pcs

However when I installed this faulty spare CDI on the bike, it wont fire.  :stop: while the one on my bike fires up in 1 click.  :banana:

There is 1 more transistor on the board, I can't see what is the part number, I will check with the electronic shop once I got it out.   :boohoo:
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline banditcilik

• Board Homesteader!
Spark doesn't show
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2005, 11:30:02 PM »
Rob, sorry that I used to many space in this thread.
Thanks to all of you that contribute so many useful information to my problem. This morning I went to my office riding my B4. It went smooth as before. Apparently the answer to my last problem posted is that I should reattach gas supply aka gas tank. Shortly after I did that the abruption has gone. Bike start with only one push and I never has to replace the transistor (thanks again to you Bandit, I would like to keep your info. maybe for a future 'upgrading trial' I will replace those TR).
This board is so helpful, in fact I never get any help from internet that is so comprehensive as this board.
If you guys happen to visit my neighbourhood just contact in case I can help.
You guys rock!!