Author Topic: yet another carb swap question  (Read 3355 times)

Offline tubular

• TURBO TYPER!
yet another carb swap question
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »
Hello everybody,

I am a proud owner of B4 (GSF400K), though I must confess that I've been not riding it for more than two years now. Anyway I've done several thousand km on this bike and I love it, that's why I'm not selling it. Currently I am planning to get it out on the road again but I have to "take care" of some things in order to get the motor running. The major issue is the carbs. Those Mikunis (BST33) have always given me trouble, so I am thinking of replacing them with something else. I went through some of your posts about Keihins CR and FCR but I would prefer something more "road use" oriented equipment since the bike will be used as a commuter so top perfomance is not my target, I am only looking for decent and reliable engine operation. So I presume CV carbs are what I should be looking for. So do you have any suggestions as to what might be a suitable alternative. Will the KEIHIN from the B6 (CVK32 or CVR32) do the job?

Open to any ideas and suggestions.

:thanks: for your time

PS: as soon as I get it running I will post photos in the relevant section and introduce myself properly  :motorsmile:

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: yet another carb swap question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »
do you have yamaha xjr400 over there?
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline tubular

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: yet another carb swap question
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
Gone are the days of the 400cc bikes here for a few years now and if you also count the fact that the xjr400 was neither imported officialy in Greece nor it was as popular as other, non officially imported, 400's (eg B4 or Honda CB400 Super Four or Yamaha xj400 diversion) then you can say that it is not a very easy task. But nothing is impossible... Anyway, if you can tell me what carbs are on the xjr400 then I can look around (edit: a quick search on the net resulted in BSR30 - correct?)

If you happen to know any other alternatives just let me know.

Much obliged!