Author Topic: Rear Fox shock pressure ?  (Read 2922 times)

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
Rear Fox shock pressure ?
« on: September 29, 2008, 01:13:27 AM »
Just got my Fox shock from Craig & am at the shop now installing but it seems pretty soft....anyone have any idea how much air pressure should be ?
Thanks guys.

Offline Bagwell

• Board Regular!
Re: Rear Fox shock pressure ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »
It takes nitrogen, not air and you could call Fox and ask technical support.  :)
Contact info at bottom of this page.  http://www.foxracingshox.com/
95 VFR750
89 NT650
99 WR400
92 GSF400

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »
Just got my Fox shock from Craig & am at the shop now installing but it seems pretty soft....anyone have any idea how much air pressure should be ?
Thanks guys.

Are you sure it is a pressure problem and not a spring problem? I had to change mine this year because it was too soft. Your spring may be overloaded and need replacing.

G
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:24:05 PM by Garyola »

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »
Ha...not sure of much on this bike...get 1 problem sorted then another issue arises ! Aint that the fun of it though?
The bike had a GSX1100 shock but the spring i think was shot ..thats the reason i got the Fox.
After installing felt soft so we tested in water & found no leaks.....wound the rebound adjuster up about half way & set the compression midway & the shock feels good but heck...the rear of the bike feels lower than with the old shock ! Length eye to eye was the same so i am assuming it must be all in the setup.
The only identification on the shock is a Fox sticker & no where can i find any info on this model...i saw in a previous post Fox no longer made sportbike shocks ?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Offline Garyola

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.mulcahey.com
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 12:13:31 AM »
You can wind the shock out at the bottom . About 3/8th of an inch of thread showing is about max for safety reasons.  I'll check mine tomorrow but I recall 3/8ths. It will raise the bike about an inch at the back if you extend the shock that little bit.

G

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »
150psi + i wold think
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol