Author Topic: Running rich...... re-jet???  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
Running rich...... re-jet???
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:04:55 AM »
I think I'm going to re-jet my bandit but have a question first.

I put on a Supertrapp can. With these pipes you can increase exhaust flow by adding discs and decrease by removing discs. Right now I have a lot of discs installed.

With the increased exhaust flow, I expected it to lean out the fuel mixture. So I'm curious why the opposite has happened and it's actually running rich???? Is it due to loss in back-pressure????

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: Running rich...... re-jet???
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "Trikksta"
I think I'm going to re-jet my bandit but have a question first.

I put on a Supertrapp can. With these pipes you can increase exhaust flow by adding discs and decrease by removing discs. Right now I have a lot of discs installed.

With the increased exhaust flow, I expected it to lean out the fuel mixture. So I'm curious why the opposite has happened and it's actually running rich???? Is it due to loss in back-pressure????

because you got it backwards brother, key word is "right now i have a lot of discs installed"  this is why you are running rich or could be one of the many reasons with this bike your have decreased back pressure by adding disc to quit the bike up, just remove some discs make it louder or take the discs off all together and just run the end cap or no end cap cheers
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:46:07 PM »
trikksta, what can are you running?  How does it sound, I have been thinking of getting one of the internal disc slip ons.
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"

because you got it backwards brother, key word is "right now i have a lot of discs installed"  this is why you are running rich or could be one of the many reasons with this bike your have decreased back pressure by adding disc to quit the bike up, just remove some discs make it louder or take the discs off all together and just run the end cap or no end cap cheers

Yeah makes sense
But actually this pipe is the external discs. So with the external discs as you add more it increases the size of the exhaust outlet, makes it louder....... so that's why I'm confused

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 01:08:04 PM »
Quote from: "SRwitt"
trikksta, what can are you running?  How does it sound, I have been thinking of getting one of the internal disc slip ons.

It's an old pipe, external discs. It sounds really good. The interal slip-on Kerker pipes would suit the Bandit more.
I just put this pipe on cause I got it for next to nothing from a friend.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:23:38 PM »
Quote from: "Trikksta"

Yeah makes sense
But actually this pipe is the external discs. So with the external discs as you add more it increases the size of the exhaust outlet, makes it louder....... so that's why I'm confused

I ended up putting washers in between the screws cause the plates got carbon-ed up and restricted the flow they are neat to play with
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 03:53:31 PM »

I ended up putting washers in between the screws cause the plates got carbon-ed up and restricted the flow they are neat to play with

Thats a good idea, maybe I'll try the washers, the plates are pretty carboned up. See if that changes anything..
If I can avoid jetting for now I will.

If I rejet, what Factory Pro carb kit should I use, the Ti???

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
yes Ti

Offline Trikksta

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 09:50:36 AM »
thanks jay