Author Topic: Warning to all B4 owners and maybe others  (Read 2067 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Warning to all B4 owners and maybe others
« on: April 18, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »
Chasing a over heating problem?  :shock:Or just for shits and giggles :lol: look at your water bottle over flow and make sure that the hose coming from the Radiator over flow connects to the part the has hose that runs to the bottom of it. :duh: the outlet line has a hole at the top of the cap. Mine was hooked backward and i always was topping off the water and always having a lot in the bottle not thinking anything of it as a racer i started to look at bigger radiators. It may seem that i was wrong and should never over look the obvious as my coolant would heat up and go out the over flow it would fill up the bottle from the top hole and never be a closed system so i always had air in my radiator couple laps around the track. Just food for thought this will smoke cylinders and pistons rings in a hurry. :stickpoke:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Warning to all B4 owners and maybe others
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 12:58:32 PM »
good advice there

SCARY

:thanks:
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »
Good stuff Jay, I'll have to double check mine, especially now that it may get sold.  Going to look at 08 Buells today.
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
yeah thanks but i cant take credit was some one on another board that pointed me in the dirrection or else i still would be chasing the same problem. It was so minor for me i would have never looked at it.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Tainted-Meat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 03:56:27 PM »
just checked today while stripping carbs, everything was fine under the tank but good advice

:thanks:
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.