Author Topic: Need front end... ASAP  (Read 2694 times)

Offline 91_Bandit_40

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Need front end... ASAP
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:32:52 PM »
A black Mercedes rolled a stop sign, didn't look at all, and I hit the binders, locked the rear and was able to slow from 50 or so to 10 (speed limit was 45mph) and threw my baby head first into a curb.

I was wearing full gear of course, but did scratch a piece of it, and the bike hit, i pushed it down to the side and hopped off. Feel perfectly fine, just pissed, and want to get back on the road.

The bike isn't too bad, broken clutch lever (man was it a bitch to get into neutral), bar-end mirror, front tire done, and the front forks are bent.

So I am looking for a complete gsxr front end, anyone that will work with the bandit, I know the 91-95 750 is a direct swap, but the newer ones will swap if I press out my stem and press it into the new gsxr forks.

So if you guys have or see for sale a complete front end, (wheel, brakes, and all) please give me a heads up

James
Stock 1991 bandit 400 (for now)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Need front end... ASAP
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 01:59:17 AM »
:welcome:

Sorry about your mishap. As far as complete USD front ends go, get in line. I've been lookin for a while.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Need front end... ASAP
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 04:57:28 AM »
There are several nearly complete ones on Ebay,but most are later model Gixxers.
It seems that few people part out entire rolling fronts in one auction,Im sure they get more $$ going piece by piece.

That said,I was able to get nearly all the parts needed in about a week of searching and buying.At this point Im only lacking the fender and speedo drive.Most parts came from Ebay,a couple from Craigs list ads.If you get lucky,you might stumble across a full frontend,but youll probably get there quicker buying a little at a time.A local bike salvage yard will probably be my last stop,to get the remainders.....
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!