Author Topic: Throttle Cable  (Read 3639 times)

Offline cardinal0

• New user!
Throttle Cable
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
OK so I my throttle cable snapped last night whilst doing 160kmh, made it home on choke idle screw, ran a red arrow in front of bike copper(didn't see him but he let me off). Called Suzuki(i'm in Australia) they said we can't find anything because it's a jap import. Question is do any other models have the same cable interchangable?? also thinking of putting pod filters on the bike, any thoughts?

Thanks

forgot to mention its a 89 400 jap import
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:54:39 PM by cardinal0 »

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Throttle Cable
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »
Greetings;  Glad to have ya on forum.  Arn't all bikes imports to Austrailia except one? I was reading bout suzukis being very popular there.  You get all the good stuff that is no longer available or never was in States.  what does a ticket cost there?  In michigan its $120 fail to stop.  plus 2 points on lic. and insurance increase. after 6points in two years. then pay more automaticially.  good luck.  sandy
Fast? yes I'm fast, like a tortoise

Offline 400banditman

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »
I would buy the cable online, nothing cheaper out there...and do it yourself, its an easy job.

Pod filters would be sick, wanted to do it myself but cant find much, as you could imagine...also worried about being caught in the rain. Would it suck water? dont know...

Offline cardinal0

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »
Thats true about the bikes a few grey imports around like the gsf. Fine for running a light around $300 plus three points. The side covers would cover the air filters still wouldn't they? The only cable i've found so far is on ebay, uk store.

Offline bandito93

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
The part number I came up with is 58300-10D20. I did a reverse part lookup and in North America this cable only fits the Bandit 400 and nothing else. So unless there is a Euro or Jap bike that wasn't sold in north America that uses the same cable you might have to look internationally. If you can't find something I work at a Suzuki dealer and can always get you one and send it to you. Best of luck with your search.

Offline cardinal0

• New user!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 10:20:27 PM »
thanks for your help guys. Ended up getting the cable from the uk. The bandit is back on the road. what a pain in the neck to change the cable though.

Offline bandito93

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »
thanks for your help guys. Ended up getting the cable from the uk. The bandit is back on the road. what a pain in the neck to change the cable though.

Glad to hear you got it back up and running. Yes those cables are a bitch, trying to hook the end up to the carbs is the worst!

Offline gixxerjasen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
Worse comes to worse you can custom order it if you can't find the specific one for the bike.  Motion Pro makes a ton of custom cables.  I only know this because as soon as I get around to measuring up what I need, I'll be ordering all custom cables for my B4 due to the custom bars I'm trying to run.

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/