Author Topic: Bandit 400 Clocks  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Da Bandit

• Board Regular!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:26:25 AM »
i have two questions guys, what model (GKA--) bandit came out with clocks marked to 220km/h ? In my service manual it has clocks marked to 220.

Also about two weeks ago I charged my battery (its brand new BTW) and did the whole battery charging check with the bike running at 5000rpm and it was reading plus minus 14.3V which to me seemed ok so I left it at that. But now for the last two days I have noticed that the starter motor has less and less power to spin over and eventually this morning nothing. the lights and that still came on but you can tell the battery is flat again ?? I have checked al the connections for the chargin system and they look fine. Is there something mayb drawing to much load on the battery or do you think there is a short somewhere.... ? any ideas would help me out

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:59:20 AM »
I have a 1992 GK75B, West-Germany model with a 220 km/h speedo.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 07:04:05 AM »
I have a jap import 1993 gsf400p and only have 180kmh clocks so i reckon they changed for the P model onwards.

Offline Da Bandit

• Board Regular!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 07:17:20 AM »
so if I can get my hands on a set of of these clocks, in theroy it should be a straight swop ???

Someone just said to me I must look at how I have wired up the new front headlight, I took the old round light off and installed a streetfighter screen from Motrix , with two 55watt lights in. The are both wired to be on at the same time, Low and High Beam switch works but on low beam both lights are off and on high beam both are on. do you think that this config would be running the battery flat or am I way off ...

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:22:17 AM »
Thatll be your m,ain reason for you battery runnng flat. It's not designed to run two bulbs.

Offline Da Bandit

• Board Regular!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:31:19 AM »
No matter how I try I can only get it work when its connected this way otherwise only the one bulb lights up and its not bright enough for night time riding.

But at least I think I know where the problem lies now, the lights are drawing to much current and killing the battery or so I think. now I have too mission around to my toppies spot to go fetch a charger to charge the battery AGAIN  :duh:

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 08:02:50 AM »
Before I installed xenon light I had two 55 watt bulbs in my headlight, I didn't have any battery problems. I use a relay so both lights are on when I use high beam.

Offline Da Bandit

• Board Regular!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 08:33:43 AM »
:shock:  :?:  :?:  Herr Tod , what relay did you use ?

Does this sound right ? I took the two ground leads from the lights and joined them together and connected it to the ground pin of the three way connector block from the headlight wire loom. I have one positive lead from one of the bulbs in one of the postive pins and the other positive lead from the other bulb connected to the last remaing pin in the three way connector block. But when I switch the lights on only one of them lights up, on low beam the bottom one is on and when hi beam is on then the top one is on and the bottom one goes off ???
At the mo I have both positive leads from the lights in one of the positive pins on the three way connector block and both are on but if I switch to Hi Beam then both go off ????

BLOODY GREMLINS !!!

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 09:39:51 AM »
So you need to connect your hi-beam wire from the switch to a relay. Connect the relay so it provides power to both lamps when activated by the hi-beam switch. Low beam can remain as it is.

Offline Da Bandit

• Board Regular!
Bandit 400 Clocks
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »
thanx dude, ive got a few relays lying around from when I did the indicators. Ill give it a shot and let you know if it helped